Cosco selling fireworks in NY now

Hunter007

Have not played  around with firworks in over 20  years and I was under the impression that they're still illegal in New York state .

But i noticed the local Costco sells them ?

Whats up with that . Did they change the law ?

Or they only sell to out of state folks ?

Saw them in Walmart other day in Buffalo area.  Bought some last year from a street shop set up in niagara county. They sucked as expected.  There’s regulations on how much boom and how high they can reach.  Yup , mostly fountain , spinning. Ooooh but no ahhhh type of stuff.  

• Like 2

I went down to Walmart in Painted Post this morning to get some essentials ( aka BEER)  and there was a tent set up in the parking lot selling fireworks...Did not pay much attention to who was selling them, but it is the first time I have seen it here in NY...

• Like 1

You're gonna stand there, ownin' a fireworks stand, and tell me you don't have no whistlin' bungholes, no spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser?

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

In high school I’d buy bricks of firecrackers, ladyfingers , gross or two of bottle rockets , whistling bottle rockets for wars , Roman candles for wars , tanks , Saturn batteries, few dozen t200’s ( quarter stick ) and a gross of m80’s. Friends dad went to Ohio I believe. Would save my money to make that purchase. Steel pipe hammered into the ground , drop in m80 topped with a golf ball was fun. Now snakes and snaps top my excitement threshold 

In high school I’d buy bricks of firecrackers, ladyfingers , gross or two of bottle rockets , whistling bottle rockets for wars , Roman candles for wars , tanks , Saturn batteries, few dozen t200’s ( quarter stick ) and a gross of m80’s. Friends dad went to Ohio I believe. Would save my money to make that purchase. Steel pipe hammered into the ground , drop in m80 topped with a golf ball was fun. Now snakes and snaps top my excitement threshold 
Tanks were fun and then they'd drive around blasting all over

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

19 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

I thought I was the only one with a golf ball mortar....I still have mine...shoots a golf ball 1/4mile out on the lake...might need to break it back out

Edited by mmkay
  • Like 2

New York State law now allows for the sale and use of a specific category of consumer fireworks known as Sparkling Devices. Sparkling Devices are ground based or handheld devices that produce a shower of colored sparks and or a colored flame, audible crackling or whistling noise and smoke. The law limits the type, size and construction of Sparkling Devices and requires that these devices must be hand held or mounted on a base or spike and be limited in sizes that range from 1 to 500 grams of pyrotechnic composition.

Sale and use of Sparkling Devices is legal in counties and cities that have NOT enacted a local law to "opt out". The Office of Fire Prevention and Control has been notified that the following counties have prohibited the sale and use of Sparkling Devices: Bronx, Columbia, Kings, Nassau, New York, Queens, Richmond, and Schenectady.

New York laws allows permanent retailers to obtain a permit to sell sparklers and small fireworks from June 1 to July 5 and December 26 to January 1 each year. Temporary stands/tents with a permit are allowed to sell from June 20 to July 5 and December 26 to January 1. 

Back in High School I bought a couple M80s and some bottle rockets off a kid. Just glad they never checked our bags that day lol. Used to love to tape the m80s to a rock and light then drop them into the lake and watch the flash then bubbles. I can only imagine any fish nearby were instantly vaporized

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!