If you had the finances or opportunity to be able to hunt any big game animal in the world is there one that you would not hunt

Hunter007

Oh I'd shoot a Kangaroo in a heart beat. Just a deer that is up on two legs...lol. I heard they taste very good. 
Its one of those meats you either love or hate. I personally hate it. It's almost like a fish cow flavor. Very weird. Not my thing.

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

55 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Nope, and that would include blue whale given the unlimited financed I would be able to use those to build a house large enough to house the mount

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

If you’re ever in Rochester tour the George Eastman house, he was the founder of Eastman Kodak, there are several of his mounts there,including an elephant  on the wall.

The house and museum are right next to the firehouse I worked at towards the end of my career, it was always fun to,go,there at 3 AM for an automatic alarm and be walking around inside with a flashlight and run into one of those mounts .....

6087489F-FA97-4EA1-A999-4084A0E10B47.jpeg

AE3494FF-87E1-4EE2-818C-B78B2C3CE616.jpeg

C2DFA473-FCBF-47CC-8709-8CB5060FC085.jpeg

B7DC6C2E-7206-4FB8-B6E6-BA677D4CC76E.png

CFBAA463-CA1A-47A0-90C2-5E48F9F24C02.jpeg

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 2

If I had the cash & room for trophies, I wouldn't mind a dangerous game hunt in Africa. I couldn't shoot an ape or monkey (unless they were coming at me), I don't even know if eating that kind of meat is safe, I know cannibals can get brain damage, and I'd imagine the meat is pretty close. And no way in the world would I want to try killing anything bigger (or dangerous) than a deer with an arrow, I know my limitations.

12 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Unless they are in full rut. I packed one out against my guide's advice, I should have listened to him.:bad:

All my caribou have been well pre-rut and they were wonderful...They say that when the bulls are in rut DOGS won't even eat it...

Nothing better IMHO than fat caribou killed in late August or early September..

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Remember the Webster kangaroo ? It was idk 20 or more years ago, all these sightings of a kangaroo in my town , I always figured it was some sort of deer ,perhaps with front legs shot off or something .

Found it ,1,995 ,man I love the inter web !

ACCE4D40-F27C-4FC5-ADCE-762AD8E4E491.png

Escaped from the ostrich farm.

30 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

If you’re ever in Rochester tour the George Eastman house, he was the founder of Eastman Kodak, there are several of his mounts there,including an elephant  on the wall.

The house and museum are right next to the firehouse I worked at towards the end of my career, it was always fun to,go,there at 3 AM for an automatic alarm and be walking around inside with a flashlight and run into one of those mounts .....

tom hoffman owns hoffman's car washes and jiffylube auto service centers out this way. he's done the North American Super Slam with a bow and taken all the sheep multiple times. he was just at our Capital District QDMA branch's banquet back in April. His trophy room is said to be pretty awesome and the size of my house, although i haven't yet seen it.  One even better is Tom Miranda's down in FL. he's got a library off to the side with old books that belong in museums, many about pirates.  He's got All north american game (he took them with a bow) and many from Africa.  even got some old bows on display he took them with.

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

All my caribou have been well pre-rut and they were wonderful...They say that when the bulls are in rut DOGS won't even eat it...

Nothing better IMHO than fat caribou killed in late August or early September..

I have had it pre and post rut, and it was excellent.

The one I killed in Newfoundland was in early October, it tasted like the strongest mutton I ever tasted. I couldn't give it away, but the dogs did wind up eating most of it.

If you're ever in the city try and hit the Explorers Club on an event night as they offer a tour of the trophy room. Among the mounts is a cheetah that Teddy Roosevelt shot in 1904.

No cats, primates, elephants, whales, predators, songbirds, butterflies, pixies or bigfeet.

• Like 1