Summit climber

Swamp_bucks

Looking into a new climber wont be using family friends property anymore. Between the drive and 3 kids it makes it hard. So i will be hunting stateland more. Just seeing if anyone likes the summit, and or any other options for someone pushing 250lbs.  This is the model im looking at.  

Screenshot_20180627-181637.png

I've owned a Summit Viper for 5 years, it has changed the way I hunted. Solid stand, very versatile. Using it with the bow you just need to keep the rail a lot lower for range of movement. I was even able to use it 8 weeks after rotator cuff surgery. I'm actually going to transition this year to a Muddy vantage point  stand with sticks. The summit will still be in use.

• Like 1

I have the Goliath.   It’s a great climber.  I don’t need to use it much but very comfortable and good for big guys.  I am close to 350 and it holds me fine.  If you are close to Rochester and want to try it, let me know.  

Dont climb shag bark no matter how perfect that tree is location wise.  I had a scary ride once.  Lol. And be sure to have a tether from top to bottom just in case.  At 250 I am guessing you don’t like shimmying down trees.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have the Goliath.   It’s a great climber.  I don’t need to use it much but very comfortable and good for big guys.  I am close to 350 and it holds me fine.  If you are close to Rochester and want to try it, let me know.  

Dont climb shag bark no matter how perfect that tree is location wise.  I had a scary ride once.  Lol. And be sure to have a tether from top to bottom just in case.  At 250 I am guessing you don’t like shimmying down trees.  

Im not close to rochester but thanks for the offer.  And i had a climber i used on shag bark before so i know that feeling.  And know 250 doesnt shimmy well on a tree or anywhere else.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rob-c said:

Forgot to mention look  into third hand archery , he makes excellent stabilizer straps and a bow holder that you can climb with your bow in it.. 

Just looked the company up. Its all simple stuff, and good priced when i order this stand ill be ordering some of his stuff.  Thanks for letting me know.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

For mobility and the ability to set up in any tree, I really like the lone wolf with sticks but it is more effort to set up especially for us bigger folks. 

Only non ladder stand I kept,  LW with sticks. Traded my LW climber for plumbing work and sold all my hang ons .