Most wanted for 2018

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I call this one “Dinner.”

f59e9ecd8237b967d23686dc0c2deb7e.png

1 pack of ground left so my #1 deer looks a lot like this to me!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what does are for and why 3-4 go in my freezer every season. I will gladly kill one Monday morning if the opportunity presents itself!

• Like 1

I believe that grass is a great spot.  some of our more mature deer are surprisingly visible in the summer - they seem to understand they are not in danger - but things change.  Our #1 buck at this point is a 9 point and he added about 10" - I'm happy with that most years.   Sadly we don't have as many coming back as last year - not sure why.

I decided to sneak in well before daylight this morning in hopes of catching Wannabe a little late going back to bed. I've never tried here in the morning, but he's used this ditch crossing several times between 6:00 and 6:45 in the past week. Was settled in the tree before 6:00 but he didn't show. I checked the card on the way out and found that he'd come through at 7:18 last night and then back through a few minutes later. Dang, if he'd only show up a few minutes earlier. The chess game continues. He's looking pretty good. A friend shot a bruiser 8-pt monday afternoon that dressed 205#, I have no doubt that this guy is heavier than that.

1666479758_IMAG0034(4).thumb.JPG.b1d09ec4138c363ba97ff39f59246392.JPG

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...