Holy Heat wave

Robhuntandfish

Bring it on, I am ready for it.  I am very thankful that the factory where I work is on shutdown next week.   I just got the pool set up at home, and we will spend at least 3 of the hottest days up at the in-laws place on an Adirondack lake.  There is no place on Earth I would rather be during a heat wave than up there.  They have central air, the lake is nice and cool, the smallmouth bass fishing is very good, and my mother in law is a great cook.   One job that I hope to get done at home, and is not too bad even in the middle of the hottest days, is mowing the clover plots.  That one would be unbearable without the canopy on the tractor.   That blocks the sun, and moving along at about a 10 mph clip provides a nice breeze, even on calm days.  

• Like 2

Put me in the group that is not a fan of hot weather. I might bitch a little about shoveling and snowblowing, but very rarely do i complain about it being too cold. I can always put more clothes on in the cold, but hot weather like this, is just too much. It doesn't stop me from doing stuff, but it sure does slow it down.

• Like 1

This heat will get to be nasty.

We made plans a few weeks ago to do some fishing on Saturday ( yes, at times we have to plan ahead to be able to do things together ). We aren't letting it stop us, but I have a rough time in high temps with high humidity, the wife even more so. I offered to cancel and wait, but she said no, she wants to go. Even though I said then we have to get up early ( I want to be at this mysterious water she has in mind ), and be making the first cast by 6AM, fish the morning, and get back home before it gets super hot.

After the rain stopped here, I tried to take my usual stroll around the woods near the home front. With the humidity and the moisture being sucked back out of the ground by the Sun, a 20 minute walk and I was done. 

I feel so bad for my dog in this heat. She's a trooper, but Siberian Huskies don't like this heat. 5 minutes and she's done. Back home and a few bowls of cold water with ice.

Stay as cool as possible folks, drink a lot of water and juice. Be careful with the beer, it dehydrates more then it hydrates ( that was a joke ).

Wow this will be bad!  If you have to work outside really hydrate yourselves!  I will be doing a field shoot again on Sunday at Suffolk Archers this will be interesting to say the least.  Open to all if you want to sweat off 5 pounds, lol.  Be careful with your pets!  Keep them hydrated and watchful in this weather they have a fur coat on!

Ya I’ll prolly be dead from heat stroke by mid week. The mill I work in is already hot enough without a heat wave. I should of taken the whole week off to avoid it. I can’t handle extreme heat at all, makes me sick as hell. I’ll take negative temps any day over 90+. Can’t wait for summer to be over, it’s my least favorite season by far!

well looks like we are fishing in the morn.  Prob til about 10, on the water before 6.  Try a couple spots and see if any are willing to bite. Thinking a worm harness and trolling motor on low and see if we can locate a perch school or a walleye.  Sunday morn no fishing (unless of course we kill them sat lol)  too darn hot for me.  Def a trip to Bass Pro - got some bass pro rewards to cash in- and then AC in the afternoon.  

My Dad spent two years on a destroyer in the South Pacific during WWII...

He  remembered thinking that if he ever got back to where he could take a dump without the sweat running down the crack of his butt, he would be happy....

• Haha 3