CWD. Are we just lucky?

avg. joe

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Again you blab on with nothing to counter the facts that are shown. If you can prove something i say is false then the stage is yours!

Not sure what makes you think this is any detriment to my business but the facts are the state chasing the ghost has only made my business and life even better.   I cant wait till every state in the country has CWD and they continue to show the same thing positive states are showing now.  Absolutely Nothing.

Funny how nobody is worried about the food industry being loaded up with scrapie positive meat which is the same prion.  

Actually, the burden of proof for what is being blabbed about is on you. As far as I can tell, you are simply laying statements out there  and saying that we have to believe because you are calling yourself some kind of expert. I have seen no credentials listed that make you a credible expert or anyone who is worth listening to. You seem to think you know more than the NYS game biologists, but at least they have a degree that lends them some credibility. Where's your wildlife management degree? I'm sorry, but there comes a time in all your raving when somebody has to call you out. Let's see your long list of credentials. If it so desperately important to you that we consider you some sort of expert, at least give us a reason to believe anything you have to say.

• Like 2

Actually, the burden of proof for what is being blabbed about is on you. As far as I can tell, you are simply laying statements out there  and saying that we have to believe because you are calling yourself some kind of expert. I have seen no credentials listed that make you a credible expert or anyone who is worth listening to. You seem to think you know more than the NYS game biologists, but at least they have a degree that lends them some credibility. Where's your wildlife management degree? I'm sorry, but there comes a time in all your raving when somebody has to call you out. Let's see your long list of credentials. If it so desperately important to you that we consider you some sort of expert, at least give us a reason to believe anything you have to say.

You think you are the man for the job then call me out and prove what I say is false? Seeing I have the same Vet on my farm that pulled all the samples from the positive deer both wild and fenced I would guess I would have just a little inside info but you sound like you think you have the Nad's to prove any of my statements as false so have at it. Until then you are just another uneducated sap on the subject.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said before, the burden of proof for all your nonsensical prattle is on you. I am not the one challenging the organized biological entities of the state. It isn't me that is so desperate to show what an expert I am. Where are your credentials that show how much more of an expert you are than the college educated NYS game management biologist. Before you launch your tirade against other members claiming that they are saps or all the other derogatory terms that you are so fond of, maybe you should have at least some credentials that give you some status as an authority on the subject yourself. Otherwise you are nothing but just another person with an opinion and an overblown view of yourself and an overly aggressive and unfriendly personality. Perhaps you should dial it back a bit, settle down, and try to have a calm, intelligent conversation for a change. You might even get some people that are willing to listen to what you are trying to say.

• Like 4

As I said before, the burden of proof for all your nonsensical prattle is on you. I am not the one challenging the organized biological entities of the state. It isn't me that is so desperate to show what an expert I am. Where are your credentials that show how much more of an expert you are than the college educated NYS game management biologist. Before you launch your tirade against other members claiming that they are saps or all the other derogatory terms that you are so fond of, maybe you should have at least some credentials that give you some status as an authority on the subject yourself. Otherwise you are nothing but just another person with an opinion and an overblown view of yourself and an overly aggressive and unfriendly personality. Perhaps you should dial it back a bit, settle down, and try to have a calm, intelligent conversation for a change. You might even get some people that are willing to listen to what you are trying to say.

First off you disputed my statements. Which in fact you can't do regardless of how many days you have to do that in between posts. Those of us that live and work with CWD knows more than some white shirt sitting in an office that never even see deer. The same ones that told me years ago that it was going to wipe out every herd in every state it it. Yeah that really shows itself to be fact. I have no need to make any false statements about CWD or anything else and what I say is indeed facts at this time. Don't really care what people listen to because most times the ones that don't listen and question. Someone's statements can't back up their doubts. My statements have already been backed up. So take yourself a few more days to google some additional info trying to dispute the facts that I have said. Good Luck with that one!

Statistics are numbers, and unfortunately unlike in math class, numbers do not always add up. It has been repeatedly stated/ suggested  in this topic that CWD isn't a threat, because the states where it has been found that have it have growing/ high deer populations. 

A more accurate and logical correlation /statement is that CWD is transmitted/found in high population areas.

Back to the original subject at the start, when it was first found, NY took very quick action: isolating the area of origin, deer inspection for quite a large area, limited the potential for transmission with the transport of animal parts into and out of the state, and destroyed (putting out of business) a fair number of commercial businesses involved in deer raising) that couldn't produce the required proof of origin for the herds deer. NY took very drastic action early on because there wasn't a lot known. We haven't had any further outbreaks, while outbreaks continue else where. New York also has a relatively stable deer heard, with no wild animal feeding/ congregation. In theory. I am content to err in favor of the direction that NY took.

• Like 4

Statistics are numbers, and unfortunately unlike in math class, numbers do not always add up. It has been repeatedly stated/ suggested  in this topic that CWD isn't a threat, because the states where it has been found that have it have growing/ high deer populations. 
A more accurate and logical correlation /statement is that CWD is transmitted/found in high population areas.
Back to the original subject at the start, when it was first found, NY took very quick action: isolating the area of origin, deer inspection for quite a large area, limited the potential for transmission with the transport of animal parts into and out of the state, and destroyed (putting out of business) a fair number of commercial businesses involved in deer raising) that couldn't produce the required proof of origin for the herds deer. NY took very drastic action early on because there wasn't a lot known. We haven't had any further outbreaks, while outbreaks continue else where. New York also has a relatively stable deer heard, with no wild animal feeding/ congregation. In theory. I am content to err in favor of the direction that NY took.

Are you kidding me? You see this is where the big problem sits? Let me ask you so I play on the nice side first? Where did you get this info that you throw out to the public? Do you know anything at all about the cases or the people involved. ???

12 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Where did you get this info that you throw out to the public? Do you know anything at all about the cases or the people involved. ???

Asks the guy that doesn't add any facts or name names..........

• Like 2

Asks the guy that doesn't add any facts or name names..........

Guess it shows you can't read very well either. How many times do I have to put up the names and facts of our stated cases alone? The guy throws up that a good number of people were put out of business? That statement alone shows just more clueless info. Seeing thou there were only 2 people involved and the one with the cases raised the state of New York's deer for them. Amazing how people can write crap that they really have no clue about. Guess seeing thou I have never been fishing in the sea I should get on a site and say that the best time to fish in the sea in at noon on Friday the 13th in 64 feet of water using blue line with a 3/16 yellow jig head. Only 3/16 size will work and has to be yellow. Just how internet crap gets spread. Funny that any of you few that post useless crap do not do the research and find the correct info! You know, The facts!

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, Four Season Whitetail's said:

First off you disputed my statements. Which in fact you can't do regardless of how many days you have to do that in between posts. Those of us that live and work with CWD knows more than some white shirt sitting in an office that never even see deer. The same ones that told me years ago that it was going to wipe out every herd in every state it it. Yeah that really shows itself to be fact. I have no need to make any false statements about CWD or anything else and what I say is indeed facts at this time. Don't really care what people listen to because most times the ones that don't listen and question. Someone's statements can't back up their doubts. My statements have already been backed up. So take yourself a few more days to google some additional info trying to dispute the facts that I have said. Good Luck with that one!

I see reading is not one of your strong suits. I have not disputed any of the statements (fact or otherwise) that you have made. My posts regard the fact that you apparently have no credentials to be able to claim your feigned expertise. And more important is your tone of condescension and frankly just your nasty personality that you come across with at every post. I have to tell you, I quite often have problems with boasting blowhards that spend most of their time patting themselves on the back and demanding that everyone recognize their self-proclaimed expertise. I don't even care if you might be accidently correct once in a while. I will say that when it comes to credibility of those that are trained and educated in the field of biology, vs. someone whose claim to fame is that he is a deer farmer, you come off a poor second in the area of believability no matter how much you rant and rave and pathetically claim to be the world's leading authority on CWD.

• Like 3

I see reading is not one of your strong suits. I have not disputed any of the statements (fact or otherwise) that you have made. My posts regard the fact that you apparently have no credentials to be able to claim your feigned expertise. And more important is your tone of condescension and frankly just your nasty personality that you come across with at every post. I have to tell you, I quite often have problems with boasting blowhards that spend most of their time patting themselves on the back and demanding that everyone recognize their self-proclaimed expertise. I don't even care if you might be accidently correct once in a while. I will say that when it comes to credibility of those that are trained and educated in the field of biology, vs. someone whose claim to fame is that he is a deer farmer, you come off a poor second in the area of believability no matter how much you rant and rave and pathetically claim to be the world's leading authority on CWD.

HaHa! Yeah you sound like the follower type. You keep on listening to those educated ones you speak of that have gotten none of this CWD stuff correct. Everything they have said will/would happen when it comes to town has been proven false. With facts by the disease itself. And again I don't need to be the worlds leading authority on CWD to make most of the stupid comments on this site about the subject shown to be just clueless dribble. You want to know the truth and facts about CWD just talk to a person that deals with it everyday, We get paid well to know the true facts.

I know a gal who caught CWD from a dirty toilet seat.:girlblum:
She said for a FACT it's not contagious,lol

I know a snippy young desk sitting biologist in Albany that told me 6 years ago that within 5 years that every state that had CWD would have no deer left after they all walk around like zombies until they are all dead. Here 6 years later after a disease had a 50 plus year run he has, along with all the other agenda pushers like QDMA and B&C have been fed mouthfuls of crow. CWD has and never will earn the time and money wasted on it. But the comments some make on the subject sure are pretty funny to read even though not even close to being fact.

2 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I know a snippy young desk sitting biologist in Albany that told me 6 years ago that within 5 years that every state that had CWD would have no deer left after they all walk around like zombies until they are all dead. Here 6 years later after a disease had a 50 plus year run he has, along with all the other agenda pushers like QDMA and B&C have been fed mouthfuls of crow. CWD has and never will earn the time and money wasted on it. But the comments some make on the subject sure are pretty funny to read even though not even close to being fact.

Thank God he was wrong. 

Thank God he was wrong. 

No Doubt! Those in the know have known all along it was just an agenda push to try and rid the DEC/DNR of states of their biggest competition. All that has done is push the deer farmer the way of the sheep farmer and now DNA for and breed with the animals that have the genitive markers that have proven to show that animals with these markers will not get the disease. So at the end of the day they only Shot themselves in the foot if CWD ever does load up in the local herd like other states. It's not a question of if they will find it again in Ny more so as when. If they tested any numbers of animals they would have already found it without a doubt. Maybe all our Ny deer have the genetic marker needed to fight of CWD ?

Yes, to all you ask, NYS response has been well documented and written about to those who look for the information, several times in national publications which you are free to look up if you so desire. And personally I know two individuals who lost a great deal in investment when they had their herds destroyed after they couldn't document all the animals origins. 

You will not get any further response from me on this subject. Your business interests horribly cloud your own perceptions. I Hope you are able to settle out your anger issues.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daveboone said:

Yes, to all you ask, NYS response has been well documented and written about to those who look for the information, several times in national publications which you are free to look up if you so desire. And personally I know two individuals who lost a great deal in investment when they had their herds destroyed after they couldn't document all the animals origins. 

You will not get any further response from me on this subject. Your business interests horribly cloud your own perceptions. I Hope you are able to settle out your anger issues.

No need to have anger issues and in fact there were only 2 places depopulated that were involved in the cases which were John Palmer  and Martin Proper.

The fact that you say people lost a great deal in investments because they could not show origin only shows one thing.....Thats that they were crooks and not deer farmers.   

All deer in Ny state had/have to have a permit number coming from the combo of DEC and Dept of Ag.  So one of two things can only be the truth....1, You are full of it!   2, They were crooks and very well should have had their deer wiped out because they most likely deer brought in from the wild.  You know...Without the permit that every farmer must have before they can move deer which gives the DEC every bit of background they would ever need.   I have my idea of what number is correct.

My business interests are exactly the reason i know all about CWD and how it came to be. It pays to stay on top!

I know some were happy to see this post fizzle out but I thought it might be good to post The Nuge's take on all this.... :popcorn3:

Came across my feed today also. Was going to put it up but figured why bother. The experts for the little hick towns in Ny state know the deal. They live it everyday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Came across my feed today also. Was going to put it up but figured why bother. The experts for the little hick towns in Ny state know the deal. They live it everyday.

Can't hurt to hear both sides of the topic and form your own opinion from there.:no:

Nugent owns a couple game farms that offer fenced hunts so it should be no surprise what his opinion is. 
FSW must be torn apart about Nuge because he supports a dove season. Hahahaha

Lol. Nope! Have no problem with Dove seasons. In states that have a Dove population. Songbirds they are.