Cool looking moths

rachunter

Been seeing some real cool moths the last few weeks. The camo one is a pandora Sphinx. The pink one is a rosy maple. I don’t know why but there always on the screens of my house. I’m also seeing  a lot of snakes this year one was grayish with an orange dot behind its head a fast as all heck.

D5E15A94-6FA9-49D1-B9DC-06956B4F2F47.jpeg

9E1AC107-8273-4B8D-B173-01E56F661937.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, rachunter said:

I’m also seeing  a lot of snakes this year

Very cool pics! Now that you mention it, I've noticed quite a few more snakes in the yard than prior years. Cut the grass last night and was dodging three different ones with the mower (garters and brown snakes).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Anyone know what he’ll be ? Or would have turned into as now he’s sparrow crap soon. Went in to pay for gas and saw sparrow fly off and he’s gone. Oopsy 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool finds guys!:good:

I've not had much luck finding interesting moths, but I've had some cool caterpillar finds.

TF- I found one of those years ago and snapped a pic. I have it labeled as a "White-marked tussock moth". Not sure how accurate that ID is but I guess I'll go back and check it again now that the topic has come up. I've been known to mis-identify a few creatures from the past.

cater.jpg.0b80826fc41afbeef2a06ef5b4963686.jpg 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, wooly said:

I've not had much luck finding interesting moths, but I've had some cool caterpillar finds.

TF- I found one of those years ago and snapped a pic. I have it labeled as a "White-marked tussock moth". Not sure how accurate that ID is but I guess I'll go back and check it again now that the topic has come up. I've been known to mis-identify a few creatures from the past.

Looks like it has someone's 4 bottom front teeth photoshopped to it's back.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wooly said:

Your ID is spot on!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

2 hours ago, Steve D said:

Here is one we got a pic of:

moth.JPG

moth1.JPG

Cecropia I do believe. Hatched one in butterfly tent 2 years ago.  

Looks like you are correct turkeyfeathers.   Just glad I got it on that board and not on my windshield. It would have be a hell of a mess cleaning that up.

• 1 month later...