Beatin the heat plan

Zag

Wife and daughter are going up to the in-laws camp in the ADKs. Our old dog isn't doing too well so I am staying home with him. Gonna get the outside errands done early, hang inside in the AC during the heat of the day and spoil my old buddy as much as I can. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

Wife and daughter are going up to the in-laws camp in the ADKs. Our old dog isn't doing too well so I am staying home with him. Gonna get the outside errands done early, hang inside in the AC during the heat of the day and spoil my old buddy as much as I can. 

Dang. Hope your four legged friend regroups quickly.  Always sad to hear things like this. Have a kiddie pool for him to lie in and relax ? Wally World would have one cheap I’m sure. I’d like to see a pic of that 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, crappyice said:

Double header (10 & 2) baseball at Randall’s island, Manhattan..not a tree to be found. Then a grad party in Rockland under a tent...gonna be swampy.
Sunday...double header....borderline child abuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We played a soccer tournament there 2 years ago in November it was 8 degrees  and 30mph winds....such a contrast! Good luck!

• Like 1

Doing some preventative maintenance on the items that will take care of me.  Just got done cleaning the air filters on the A/C's.  Next pull the refrigerators off the wall and clean the condensers.  Then, drink cold beer in front of A/C. 

• Like 1

Just finished spraying the RR corn, typing in the central AC house now, going to jump in the pool soon, then grab a bite to eat, then head out to mow some clover plots.  That job is not too bad under the shade of the tractor canopy.  When and if the tractor engine or I get too hot, it will be back to the pool.  Drinking lots of water (maybe a Genny light or two) should help.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Would like to hit the beach.5b378d77945c7_3qu-p553h(2).jpg.0e021ea3a60cd246a0128a86ed0b2f0a.jpg

If I was younger I'd like to jump into that picture and commit aggravated assault in all directions...

However, at my age I would probably just get charged with assault with a dead weapon...<<sigh>>…..

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, crappyice said:

I’m confused...do you live there (awesome retirement purchase!)? does your cousin Eddie live there and if so does he bring it with him when he visits?
My cousin Eddie looks more like this:

659aaefcc80370cd423eb6864427187f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkn

No,I’m cousin Eddie coming for the visit .

Wifes nephews house , they love guests , stay as long as we like , well Michigan does  have decent deer hunting ......

• Like 2

Dang. Hope your four legged friend regroups quickly.  Always sad to hear things like this. Have a kiddie pool for him to lie in and relax ? Wally World would have one cheap I’m sure. I’d like to see a pic of that 
Thanks for the kind thoughts. He's in his cool spot in the AC on his bed in front of a fan. ea57b6c300080a674ac214d4d4c6c3fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

I was actually pretty chilly this morning hiking to Wright's windy summit by 3:30 am.  Had to thown on a fleece and even that didn't help.  Where is this so-called heat wave? 

FB_IMG_1530399344133.jpg

Nice man

• Like 1

Didn't beat the heat.  Got stuck in a wedding.  Outdoor ceremony.  It was brutal.

I was in my cousins wedding in Cancun, in July, in a normal suit that I’d wear in Buffalo in February. It was so bad I literally sweated through my tie. Marriage lasted a year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

saturday morning before it got too hot i unloaded a couple steel wagons (full of hay bales) with dad, went out to breakfast, and then put new brake pads on a truck i'm selling. other than that it was home with central air. sunday morning did some garden stuff before it got too hot. later in the day cousin had a double bday party for their kids... theme was swim in the pool or stay next to the pool under an ez-up. heat isn't bad to deal with so far. office is conditioned too.

I bush-hogged the big timothy field at the edge of our farm this morning.  The neighbors usually cut and bale that field for their horses every few years, but  their barns are already filled. The temperature was over 80 deg F out there by 8:00 am, and broke 90 by 10:30 when I finished.   Our 4 ft deep pool was nice yesterday, but today it was like bathwater, hardly even refreshing.  Tomorrow morning I am loading the girls in the truck and driving up to the in-laws lake house in the Adirondacks for a few days.  That crystal clear, 100 ft deep lake should be a lot nicer.   I sure am thankful that the factory where I work is on shutdown this week.  We are heading out as soon as I am able to roust them out of bed and pack a cooler with Genny lights.    Up there it will be fishing for smallmouths until the sun breaks over the pines in the morning, swimming all day, and campfires at night (unless it don't cool down enough for that when the sun goes down).  In that case, we will be watching movies in the house (or baseball games), with the central air set at 72.       

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1