Anchorage Alaska

fasteddie

Saw 5 different moose today. No pictures. Bus moving too fast. Stopped at a couple spots to check out the Alaska Pipe Line. Pictures are on my camera so I can't post them. We are now in Fairbanks but did stop at North Pole Alaska. I picked up a Sasquach Hunting Permit while there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Saw 5 different moose today. No pictures. Bus moving too fast. Stopped at a couple spots to check out the Alaska Pipe Line. Pictures are on my camera so I can't post them. We are now in Fairbanks but did stop at North Pole Alaska. I picked up a Sasquach Hunting Permit while there.

So cool- keep the posts coming if it’s not too much of a hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

They aren't like deer ya know. Supposedly they trow rocks and push trees down on your camp. Best of luck getting one eddie. If nothing else the pics will be awesome.

:drinks:

We rode the train from Fairbanks to Denali. Rode around on the bus for a while . We went to dinner and had one of the staff talk about various things about the park and what we had forward to seeing here . On the way back from the restaurant there was a traffic jam . Cars were stopped in the road and people were out taking pictures of a couple of moose . Too much glare from the windows to get any good pics . Tomorrow will be a better day .

We went 62 miles into Denali National Park today. 6 plus hours on the bus. We had stretch breaks . We saw at least 8 grizzly bears several moose, Dall sheep and caribou. We saw a herd of about 100 way off in the distance. A lot of what we saw was too far for my camera. I should have borrowed Woolys camera. ddd90d61ee6d4a43fd99d0a69d32c632.jpga1dca7cded03aeeca87d4b7d4b47b4fa.jpg70c13a0a20713dbd3dc4d6d4a6fd9cc9.jpgb3f37cafaeba4ead6682172ede9d8a5e.jpg

• Like 11

6 hours ago, fasteddie said:

The 100 was a herd of Caribou. ...

Herd of 100 grizz would be cool :pleasantry:

great pics Eddie.  Looks like you’re taking it all in.  Was there 9 years ago this week.  Try and salmon berry jelly ? It’s a cliche staple souvenir 

• Like 1

The land travel was the best but we moved every day or two. Traveled 2 and a half days on the cruise ship and saw water and fog. We are in Juneau now. Just got back from a whale watch and Glacier trip. a0ad47a68d60cbcf5e8f45dd62afd81b.jpge0474466e49131a2adfa9ce68d41ed76.jpg0992c3dbd592a5b080b260523ca2e66b.jpg614bd02eff7b04ba89af72a1384b0d38.jpg0b21c1bc95ccb7e00f24b1f088c0e4a2.jpg

• Like 12

So , our flight was cancelled and we had to stay over . Found a hotel for $190 plus tax . Got up at 3:45 am to catch the the 4:20 shuttle to the airport to catch our 6:20 flight to Rochester . The people at the Chicago TSA were real jerks . Anyway , we were there in plenty of time and as luck would have it , we hit another glitch . We had boarded the plane and there was a problem and since it wasn't able to be fixed , we had to get off the plane and wait for another plane to be available . Finally got out of Chicago without any help from any Community Organizer ! Big difference in temps between Alaska and New York . 

The land cruise in Alaska is much better than the sea cruise but is much tougher due to the one night stays and having the luggage ready for 6am pickups every day or two . 

• Like 1