Sunday evenings on Long Island and trash!

First-light

For those of you that don't live here Sunday's are a great day to ride around and find things people are throwing out. I have found nice furniture, lawn mowers, and chainsaws to name a few. The list can go on and on. People throw out stuff that only needs a new carb or the metal needs paint. So today I'm driving through town and the last thing I thought I would come upon is a tree stand. Some sort of climber. Any help on the ID would be great. Never used a climber before and still not sure if I should use this. Anyone with experience let me know how to test it out without killing myself! lol 

Did I need it no but........when we see camo and metal got to grab it!!! 

IMG_2085.jpg

• Like 6

Be sure nothing is broke on it or missing.  Nothing to play with when 20 ft in the air.  One thing to grab a chair or something but not something safety wise unless it's 100 percent. I tell people not to take used car seats as well for that reason.  Cool find,  just be real careful, too many people get hurt every year with treestands. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Be sure nothing is broke on it or missing.  Nothing to play with when 20 ft in the air.  One thing to grab a chair or something but not something safety wise unless it's 100 percent. I tell people not to take used car seats as well for that reason.  Cool find,  just be real careful, too many people get hurt every year with treestands. 

Thanks Rob will do!

Older Summit Viper.  A very good climbing tree stand!  Just Google how to set it up, and find a tree to set it on, about three feet off the ground. Then jump around on it. Looks to he in great shape, with everything there. Good find!

• Like 1

One person's junk in another person's treasure. Don't people throw away the nicest stuff? I picked a pair of nice cowboy boots that were made in America out of the trash and they fit perfect. I also got a nice 30 something flat screen tv that work perfect. I sold an old phonograph out of the trash for 40 bucks. Will I stop to make $ off the curb; hell yes.

• Like 1

I will admit to picking up my fair share of “gently used” trash from time to time...the red kayak pictured below is my most recent score. Furniture never gets touched - not a fan of the thought of what some people may have done on couches or chairs. Dismantled and relocated someone’s swingset (with permission of course!) when my kids were little.

1ebef4e2ab546309f7b23f0b66bd346b.jpg&key=cbb1a10e82aa06bba19060b73dbc7b2adf9b075c35235485592550570eddbda1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

I will admit to picking up my fair share of “gently used” trash from time to time...the red kayak pictured below is my most recent score. Furniture never gets touched - not a fan of the thought of what some people may have done on couches or chairs. Dismantled and relocated someone’s swingset (with permission of course!) when my kids were little.

1ebef4e2ab546309f7b23f0b66bd346b.jpg&key=cbb1a10e82aa06bba19060b73dbc7b2adf9b075c35235485592550570eddbda1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll admit to picking up some gently used trash from time to time in my younger years. Can’t imagine what some guys did to so called trash on those couches and chairs :pleasantry:  But cmon Erie county bars close at 4. Oh , the memories  ^_^