Your top 3 favorite guns that you own

Remington 870 20ga, got when I was 8 from the old man it would be the last gun I could ever sell.

Remington 7600 35whelen, if I could only have 1 centerfire for the rest of my life that would be it.

Ruger 10/22 don’t remember when I got it but I was a young kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

My plain old Winchester model 94 30-30 ..... I know a boring gun but been shooting it for 40 plus years !

Nothing boring about a  Win M94....Except the fact that they have bored a lot of DEER to death over the last 125 years or so  !!

• Like 5

Sako 85 classic, in 270. My dream rifle.

Ithaca Deerslayer 2, in 12g.  Doesn't come out of the case much anymore, but it's killed a pile of deer. Lots of good memories, during many deer seasons.

Ithaca Model 37 in 16g.  Bought it as a teen, with money I earned working on a farm. We grew up together.

1) Ruger 10/22 Dad bought me when i was 10 or 11 yrs old. 

2) Savage 7mm-08 I bought Dad for Xmas, a couple months before he left us. Was his first ever rifle and he never got to shoot it. (was thinking of putting a boyds on it, but kind of want to leave it they it was when he had it)

3) My T/C Omega 50 cal. 

4) Grandpas 870 Wingmaster 2-3/4 Took my first turkey with it (bird is mounted on the wall) reminds me alot of "Granddaddies gun"  by Aaron Lewis 

Once I shoot the new 22 250 Ruger American Predator .. Im sure it will make the list. Bunch of guns in the house but not much time to shoot them lately. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Right? I need a grown up rifle. Mine are synthetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Come fishing with me again and we'll talk about it...

Come to Keuka lake this September and perhaps this time I will introduce you to my  SEESTER.....Hehehe...

• Like 2

I like all my guns.I go through phases right now it's my marlin 3030, ruger 10/22 and my fathers Remington 1100 I just got all the bugs worked out and its ready for some predator hunting.This gun went from a goose gun to a crow/small game to a deer slug gun and now predator.

CD904B4A-366A-4949-A579-FDC2A28EA7CD.jpeg

Edited by rachunter
Add pic
  • Like 2

Colt Defender in 9mm...   Just feels good in my hand and really accurate

Weatherby Orion 20 Gauge O/U...   Had in for 25+ years and has always felt like it was made for me

Savage 220..   bought it the first or second year they made them and amazed a lot of people with how accurate a "slug gun" could be at 200 yards +....  Shot a lot of deer with it and I bet they didn't run 50 yards combined (and never had to pull the trigger more than once....  lol)

1 hour ago, rachunter said:

I like all my guns.I go through phases right now it's my marlin 3030, ruger 10/22 and my fathers Remington 1100 I just got all the bugs worked out and its ready for some predator hunting.This gun went from a goose gun to a crow/small game to a deer slug gun and now predator.

CD904B4A-366A-4949-A579-FDC2A28EA7CD.jpeg

I know my way around an 1100..Have had several, and still own one that I bought 40 years ago..Killed a gobbler with it this spring..

Great shooting dependable shotguns, as long as you keep the gas pistons/ mag tube clean...

Always have a couple of spare o rings on hand also..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Papist said:

I also just put a decent Nikon scope on my Ruger .22. Wow. What a difference! 

That is what I need to do...   I have always said "It is only a .22", but I know it will make a huge difference...

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 7:17 AM, airedale said:

I have more than three that I like a lot but the ones I listed are the go-to firearms that I have used most times when I am hunting.

1. A 20 ga SKB double that I have used for much of my small game hunting especially birds and rabbits

Like Airedale..."One" of my favorites. Sweet gun that is fun to shoot

20gauge.jpg

Edited by Steve D
  • Like 3

Favorite ...can vary a bit, but over time my favorite guns I use are:

My 8mm Oberndorf  Mauser model 98 in 8mm Mauser (8x57). It was dads only hunting rifle, he did a typical sporterization on it in the fifties. Over a series of years I updated it with a scope, side swing safety, Timney trigger and dump magazine trigger housing. My perfect all game rifle, it shot my first buck and moose, with a lot of critters in between.

45-70 Browning falling block with a 1.5x5 Leupold. I got it from my father in law, probably my prettiest gun. I have used it on all my bear hunts, and am taking it out to the range actually, this am.

Marlin 39 .22. This was dads too. It shoots wonderful, is beautiful (though well worn), and is my most fun rifle.

Runner up: Winchester 94, mfg. 1961. I found it about 20 years ago, well used but solid shape, with a Lyman aperture site on it. I refinished it (blue and wood with oil stain). I never feel more like I am really hunting than when I carry it. Shoots great, and best of all...it was built the same year I was!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

I am kind of a single shot rifle slut...

IMG_0512.JPG

More eye candy  !!  Downright BODACIOUS, Bugsy !!

Never owned me a single shot centerfire, but I sure have lusted after one, especially the Ruger #1...<<sigh>>…..

• Like 2