Your top 3 favorite guns that you own

My apologies for getting somewhat off topic, but Bugsy's single shots have caused a wet cleanup in aisle Pygmy...

A few years back Ruger made a limited run of #1's in .303 British for the Canadian market...

What a combo...A classic cartridge mated with a fine single shot rifle...I'd love to score one of those...OOPS  !!..Sorry..Gotta get some more tissues...

5 hours ago, Pygmy said:

More eye candy  !!  Downright BODACIOUS, Bugsy !!

Never owned me a single shot centerfire, but I sure have lusted after one, especially the Ruger #1...<<sigh>>…..

That Ruger 1S is chambered in 300 H&H magnum. It's fun. Get out your money... I'll be up in the fall! 

1 hour ago, bugsNbows said:

That Ruger 1S is chambered in 300 H&H magnum. It's fun. Get out your money... I'll be up in the fall! 

Noony noony noony….Classic chambering but too much recoil for this little wimp...I recently passed up a REAL good price on a #1 .375 H&H.... Why own it if I can't enjoy shooting it ??

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Noony noony noony….Classic chambering but too much recoil for this little wimp...I recently passed up a REAL good price on a #1 .375 H&H.... Why own it if I can't enjoy shooting it ??

S I S S Y!  The Super 30 is a pussycat. Kinda like an jazzed up 06!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bugsNbows said:

S I S S Y!  The Super 30 is a pussycat. Kinda like an jazzed up 06!

I admit that I always preferred showering with the girls rather than the boys...

Actually, the only .30 mags I have shot were  .300 Win mags, and they were every bit as brutal as my .338 WM... I worked up loads with my buddy's  .300 Win and my .338 side by side, and they were both downright vicious  from the bench....Kinda like comparing getting into the ring with a good heavyweight and then a good light heavy..Both of them beat me up...

My buddy said he never realized his .300 Win kicked so bad until he watched ME shoot it...Hehehe..

Edited by Pygmy

• 2 months later...

1  Remington 742 30-06. I know, I know, "jam master", right? It's dumped a lot of venison over 40 years and never had an issue. My dad gave it to me for Christmas when I was 15.

2  Winchester 70 Featherweight 7mm08 made in South Carolina. I know its saying a lot, but I'd put it up against anyone's pre 64, both for quality of build and accuracy.

3  A tie  Ruger 77 Ultra Lite 257 Rob tang safety.

Winchester 70 Featherweight 257 Rob. Also built in South Carolina.                   Same quality as #2

Honorable Mention  CZ 452 American .22 It's uncanny though. The first shot hits center X, and makes an abnormally large hole. The next 4 seem to miss paper completely.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

How’d I miss this fishing opportunity?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fish have not been biting worth a s**t ….

I was laid up with the flu for about 10 days....

The Mermaid is whipping my butt with domestic chores....Gotta go mow the lawn right now for about the 100th time this season...   Need any more info ?...hehehe....

I'd say

1.  Remington 700 because I put some work into it and fine tuned it to be a tack driver.

2.  Ruger 10/22 because I've replaced so many parts on it as well so now it looks nothing like its original form.

3.  Henry Frontier.

But honestly, they're tools to me.  Maybe other than my Remington being my 1st rifle, if I buy another one I like better, these will easily be replaced.

i don't own any guns... sadly if i did they probably wouldn't be worth anything to sell anyway. hypothetically speaking it'd be really really hard to pick if i did.  your first cheap model 500 20ga that your dad got you, to rifles and pistols well over $1-2k each it wouldn't matter they'd all mean something.  i did have a daisy lever action carbine air rifle a long time ago but don't know happened to it.

On 9/22/2018 at 4:41 PM, Pygmy said:

Fish have not been biting worth a s**t ….

I was laid up with the flu for about 10 days....

The Mermaid is whipping my butt with domestic chores....Gotta go mow the lawn right now for about the 100th time this season...   Need any more info ?...hehehe....

On 9/22/2018 at 7:16 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Sounds like a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

....you obviously didn't read past the word "butt".

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I can’t just pick 3

1. 1943 Springfield M1
2. 1943 quality hardware M1 carbine
3 Remington 700 sps tactical 308
4. Stag 10 in 6.5 creed
5. Kimber custom 1911
6. Both marlin 336’s 30/30 and 35 rem
7. And my nambu even though it has no pin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk