I Need Food Ideas......Party Time

Lawdwaz

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Jeremy.....How hot/spicy is the Nancy's chili sauce? Maybe the grape jelly cuts back on the "heat"?

No heat really ,more for the taste . I'e never heard anyone say they were spicy or too spicy and I get asked alot to bring them to parties . 

3 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Fresh cut up fruit on ice, always a hit. Very refreshing on these hot summer days.  It's pricey and that's why nobody brings it.

Yes, always a good hit!

I just finished cutting up a cantaloupe and a big chuck of watermelon for personal consumption, love them both.

For a family gathering though, most folks seem to gravitate to the things they don't normally chow on.  You know, live a little?? :)

Sweet, fatty and delicious!

Just thought of this one that's awesome for the hot weather.... Texas Caviar dip (google the recipe) its black eyed peas and beans mixed with Italian dressing, cilantro and lime. Served cold there is just something about it that makes it refreshing. 

About 3 minutes ago, wifey just dropped off a 1" long section of kielbasa wrapped in bacon. I'm ready to go out in the kitchen looking for more. It's not something to offset the heat, but as a party snack (appetizer), it was pretty darn good.

3 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Just thought of this one that's awesome for the hot weather.... Texas Caviar dip (google the recipe) its black eyed peas and beans mixed with Italian dressing, cilantro and lime. Served cold there is just something about it that makes it refreshing. 

Agreed.  We call it hippie crack. It’s wonderful    Lime corn chips !! 

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Moho81 said:

We love it too but another partygoer brings it every year.  If SHE wasn’t going to be there we’d make it!!

• Like 1

Hijacked from another forum. Old shared recipe. Tastes like jerky, bacon, and goodness all wrapped into one.

Venison Marinade

1 Cup Soy Sauce

1/2 Cup Brown Sugar

1/2 Cup Vinegar

1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice

2 teaspoons Salt

1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt

Boil all ingredients then let simmer for 10 minutes. While that is being done take your deer meat and cut into stew meat chunks. Wrap 1/2 piece of bacon around meat piece and put a toothpick through to hold on bacon. Let maridade cool and then when cooled pour onto meat. Marinate for at least 4 hours. I like to do 8 to 10 just because it seems like it takes better. Grill on tin foil and then serve up. The remaining marinade DO NOT TOSS OUT! Freeze it and then you can reuse it by boiling then starting from top.

White Trash is always a hit especially with kids, look up the recipe but basically white chocolate over like a cereal snack mix. Use white, red and blue m&ms for the 4th.

Guac is always a good hot weather item.

Chocolate covered strawberries in red, white and blue. My wife makes these and it's strawberry season.

Edited by Fletch

33 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Strawberry shortcake  or peach cobbler for s dessert 

i hope you mean the real stuff.  no angel food crap.  i mean homemade Bisquick biscuits, vanilla icecream, strawberries from the garden, and cool-whip to top it off. if you're an over achiever add shaved chocolate on top of all that.

5 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

i hope you mean the real stuff.  no angel food crap.  i mean homemade Bisquick biscuits, vanilla icecream, strawberries from the garden, and cool-whip to top it off. if you're an over achiever add shaved chocolate on top of all that.

Of course. Cmon man , we don’t f around at this household. Homemade whipped cream too is the bomb 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Nothing like a smokin hot potato skin, on a steaming hot, and humid day to really make you sweat...oh, and melted cheese burning the roof of your mouth, while your backsweat makes your shirt stick to you.

What ?! No shrimp cocktail? Dumbing down the place are you 

• Like 1