Cape Cod pictures

chrisw

I have video of a whale barely missing the boat on my phone too, it was honestly a bit scary, 4 of us were up on the bow and the whale surfaced within 15ft of the boat and went right under us, if he'd have lifted his tail even a foot or two more it would have hit the boat. The video had it's share of explicit language for sure

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chrisw said:

I have video of a whale barely missing the boat on my phone too, it was honestly a bit scary, 4 of us were up on the bow and the whale surfaced within 15ft of the boat and went right under us, if he'd have lifted his tail even a foot or two more it would have hit the boat. The video had it's share of explicit language for sure

went on a charter in Maine and the capt was telling us how a whale breached right under them.  Everyone was ok but scared them for sure, def moved the whole boat. 

Just an amazing trip for you and your buddies.  Thats one you''ll always remember.  great photos

• Like 1

Awesome catch! Awesome whale pics! Where were you fishing out of?  We are heading out to the Cape in a couple weeks. Charters are pretty expensive. We usually try to get out on a half day party boat trip out of Harwich Port. Its 25 or 30 bucks and we usually catch a bunch of flounder/fluke.

went on a charter in Maine and the capt was telling us how a whale breached right under them.  Everyone was ok but scared them for sure, def moved the whole boat. 
Just an amazing trip for you and your buddies.  Thats one you''ll always remember.  great photos
Yea until you're up close to them you can't truly appreciate their size, even their blowing at the surface is really loud, we could even smell them when they'd come up next to us. Really makes you realize what a microscopic piece of the puzzle you really are in the grand scheme of things...

• Like 1

Damn man, looks like it would have been a great trip even if you didn't catch a thing! Awesome shots!

I've seen one whale in my life on my first honeymoon and I'll probably never see another again. (outside a large fish bowl)

Unfortunately someone left that camera back in the car at the airport.

• Like 1

Awesome catch! Awesome whale pics! Where were you fishing out of?  We are heading out to the Cape in a couple weeks. Charters are pretty expensive. We usually try to get out on a half day party boat trip out of Harwich Port. Its 25 or 30 bucks and we usually catch a bunch of flounder/fluke.
We went out of Yarmouth, Yea private charters are a bit pricey, we get a bit of a deal because my buddy knows the guy but typically it's $1500/day. The boat ride out/in is 3 hours, but when you hit them right you can fill every container in the boat in 2 hours, it's insane. Good luck!

• Like 1

Damn man, looks like it would have been a great trip even if you didn't catch a thing! Awesome shots!
I've seen one whale in my life on my first honeymoon and I'll probably never see another again. (outside a large fish bowl)
Unfortunately someone left that camera back in the car at the airport.
If we didn't catch a fish the whole second day we were all satisfied after being with the whales for 2 hours. I could spend a week out there with my camera and it'd never get old...

• Thanks 1

What camera were you using Chris?  The photos (in addition to content) are really nice quality.
Canon Rebel T6i with 2 Canon lenses. An 18-55mm and a 55-250mm zoom. For now the lenses are doing pretty decent but an upgrade is certainly in the future.

43 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Canon Rebel T6i with 2 Canon lenses. An 18-55mm and a 55-250mm zoom. For now the lenses are doing pretty decent but an upgrade is certainly in the future.

Way better than my iphone.  lol

Couple more. I took hundreds of photos during the encounter, it was hard knowing where to look as there were whales everywhere, the horizon looked like bowling balls were dropping from the sky with all of the whales blowing spouts of water 40ft in the air. I had to wipe my lens off several times due to them blowing so close we were getting sprayed.whale22.jpegwhale13.jpegwhale12.jpegwhale15.jpeg

• Like 1