Cape Cod pictures

chrisw

Shoot the F'ing seal... They are why we can't keep Cod north of the cape.. We need more hungry great whites to wipe those water coyotes out of the water... 
There is a growing pouplation there apparently, there was a group of probably 60 seals on the beach everyday and the number grows every year they said

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, chrisw said:

The first mate showed us a video near Chatham where a great white tore a seal up in just a few feet of water near a beach, he said whites are seeming to frequent more often now

I have an app on my phone called Sharktivity that is put out by the North Atlantic Shark Conservancy that does research on great whites. They send out real time alerts of shark sightings and whenever a tagged shark pings off one of the the tracking buoys around the cape. Each sighting is marked on a map on the app. It is pretty neat if you are spending time out there. I just checked and there are 15 documented sightings in this last week.  Mostly on the outer cape.

That pic with the rainbow mist is awesome!!!
How's the cod meat at this time of the year ?
Im not positive, We haven't cooked any cod yet but the captain was all about finding the cod. The Pollack and haddock last night were great.

• Like 1

On 7/3/2018 at 2:20 PM, chrisw said:

There is a growing pouplation there apparently, there was a group of probably 60 seals on the beach everyday and the number grows every year they said

Reports saying each seal can consume over a ton of cod a year...  Screw them sea coyotes...