Freaks of Four Seasons.

46 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Yearlings and 2yr olds finishing up for the season. 

7912D0DE-6533-4BA6-BC16-E161F5FAA523.png

3425D403-7FC6-4E37-B163-8C2BE4FF71AA.png

02753DCD-3AB0-4BD7-AAA6-0CAA8760A37D.png

63011D01-58FA-4AEF-95E2-D39063F48F60.png

83D7D433-418E-487D-A75E-112934D0C204.jpeg

5D6DD442-4737-40C4-BADB-1EAE55499058.png

How much emphasis is put on the correct doe for breeding?  Clearly the bucks potential genes helps with the good growth of the offspring but clearly the doe has to play some affect into it? 
Just wondering is there a certain doe you breed with a certain buck each year because you know the outcome of great genetics?

11 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

How much emphasis is put on the correct doe for breeding?  Clearly the bucks potential genes helps with the good growth of the offspring but clearly the doe has to play some affect into it? 
Just wondering is there a certain doe you breed with a certain buck each year because you know the outcome of great genetics?

It’s all about the doe around here. I breed for width for the most part. Most all the does have parents that are or are from bucks at least 30 inches inside. Then I breed them two different way. One is wide and clean on wide and clean and the other is real trashy on wide and clean. Prob 80% of the time the offspring is wide, pretty clean with a few extras. But as is the case of this yearling which has a very clean mom it sometimes favors the dad more so. CF9E353E-1A1D-46A1-8BBF-3319A2849DC6.thumb.png.75270c4fb616d9e1d68b510ddf9607ba.png

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

?

We have people pull in at all times of the year. Although it’s mostly when they ride by and see a bunch of 120-220in bucks hanging out. We have to keep them out back away from the highway for the most part. 4-5 trucks parked along the highway and then the rubber Neckers can make things a bit iffy at times.   Must be your thinking about a trip North sometime in the future? BaHaHaHa 

1 minute ago, BizCT said:

I’m surprised you don’t make your own blend or use someone who does. I notice a lot of guys on bowsite do home blends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This stuff has givin great results and the Berry smell in just crazy strong. I’m tempted to give it a shot in front of a camera on the back 40 but you know how i am stickler for the laws in this state. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

We have people pull in at all times of the year. Although it’s mostly when they ride by and see a bunch of 120-220in bucks hanging out. We have to keep them out back away from the highway for the most part. 4-5 trucks parked along the highway and then the rubber Neckers can make things a bit iffy at times.   Must be your thinking about a trip North sometime in the future? BaHaHaHa 

A trip up to see you, not a chance.  But you just never know.......

12 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Don’t understand the question mark.  I love seeing how operations like that work how it’s setup stuff interest me.  I’ve done the same with big industrial size farms gone and seen how they run their operations.

I was also wondering if he did tours.

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

A trip up to see you, not a chance.  But you just never know.......

Well then I don’t see the sense in either. I guess you could take a spot out on the highway. Or maybe you could help out with the other part of the farm?  3000 acres of organic hay, corn,wheat and beans would help you get rid of that keg your hauling around. 

395409FA-B796-406E-BCDE-2D6D0D1D1F2F.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Well then I don’t see the sense in either. I guess you could take a spot out on the highway. Or maybe you could help out with the other part of the farm?  3000 acres of organic hay, corn,wheat and beans would help you get rid of that keg your hauling around. 

395409FA-B796-406E-BCDE-2D6D0D1D1F2F.jpeg

Have you given any thought to changing up the mullet?

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I would personally like to thank @Lawdwaz and @Four Season Whitetail's for the past tremendous example of potentially good natured banter. It's just personal enough to be ambiguously "just kidding....but not really!"
#makemeat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol. Nothing personal here  He didn’t like my doing’s with his buddy Mike eons ago. Such is life.