Freaks of Four Seasons.

7 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

a85666030f8cca90dea9c30eb3d965e8.jpg94abeb4312bccaa5f9fd23106bd50af6.png. Crazy how much they can grow in 10 days. Yearlings top pic and 2yr olds bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They'll look outstanding on some guys/gals trophy room wall if they are so chosen.........keep pumping the juice to them!  Maybe you'll get a buyer here before long??

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

They'll look outstanding on some guys/gals trophy room wall if they are so chosen.........keep pumping the juice to them!  Maybe you'll get a buyer here before long??

Sorry Son but blood like that will go to another farm and pass on their goods..  Glad you find it hard not to look and continue to make your childish remarks.  Shows character.  More so lack there of.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Sorry Son but blood like that will go to another farm and pass on their goods..  Glad you find it hard not to look and continue to make your childish remarks.  Shows character.  More so lack there of.

:)

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What makes these deer so big at a young age? Is it a certain gene that relates to antler growth?

Usually it’s from select breeding and what’s called line breeding which is inbreeding. It is a practice common in animal husbandry. 

• Like 1

What makes these deer so big at a young age? Is it a certain gene that relates to antler growth?

It's all in the genetics. Very few line breed because in most cases they grow to big to fast. You breed with two great bloodlines and you will have great deer. Hence part of the problem with our wild deer. Among many other factors we are missing. When you start line breeding whitetails you start cutting antlers in July and August because they can't carry the rack. Not good for the animal or paycheck in most cases.

• Like 2

It's all in the genetics. Very few line breed because in most cases they grow to big to fast. You breed with two great bloodlines and you will have great deer. Hence part of the problem with our wild deer. Among many other factors we are missing. When you start line breeding whitetails you start cutting antlers in July and August because they can't carry the rack. Not good for the animal or paycheck in most cases.

Interesting, thx

the deer are able to feed on good stuff and have stress free lives.  i'm sure that allows them to express those good genetics. i know it helps with wild deer and when we bred and raised beef cattle.

still cool pictures even if they're captive deer.

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Like 1

the deer are able to feed on good stuff and have stress free lives.  i'm sure that allows them to express those good genetics. i know it helps with wild deer and when we bred and raised beef cattle.

Big piece of the puzzle for sure. Some would rather think it's a guy injecting steroids or damaging antlers in growth to make them bigger with more points. Great blood, unlimited snacks and no stress will build a great animal regardless of the kind.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

a85666030f8cca90dea9c30eb3d965e8.jpg94abeb4312bccaa5f9fd23106bd50af6.png. Crazy how much they can grow in 10 days. Yearlings top pic and 2yr olds bottom.

Those are some nice looking deer! Do you sell them all? Do you keep any older ones just for the heck of it or to show customers the potential? Love to see what one of those look like at the 5-6 year mark.

3 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Those are some nice looking deer! Do you sell them all? Do you keep any older ones just for the heck of it or to show customers the potential? Love to see what one of those look like at the 5-6 year mark.

Tough to keep them anywhere after 3yrs old.  I cant hardly keep any past 2. Most are spoken for that can go this year  I move a lot of yearlings as they pretty much show their future when they get to this point growing big so young.

I try to keep one of the better yearlings back for  breeder to back up any i may miss breeding them with other bucks across the country. The 2 yearlings above are 3/4 and 1/2 Texas blood.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Tough to keep them anywhere after 3yrs old.  I cant hardly keep any past 2. Most are spoken for that can go this year  I move a lot of yearlings as they pretty much show their future when they get to this point growing big so young.

I try to keep one of the better yearlings back for  breeder to back up any i may miss breeding them with other bucks across the country. The 2 yearlings above are 3/4 and 1/2 Texas blood.

You have an interesting profession! Got any "best of" pics?

What’s the different between typical and nontypical? Same does but different buck genes?

Myself I try to go both routes. When you breed a pretty, clean say 6 by 6 into a doe that had a whole pedigree of clean bucks you will get a nice clean pretty buck 9 of 10 times. They sell like crazy and are the most sought after but bring you the least pay. Most of the industry is a pay by the score kinda thing. The breeding market is a bit different. I myself breed more non typical bucks into my cleaner does. Those big knarly, Ugly some would say have proven they have the ability to produce massive blood flow, that after all is what makes antlers. More blood flow the bigger the antlers. Believe it or not, a guy raises deer in an open hayfield with a building for shelter will grow bigger deer then a guy with the perfect deer woodlot habitat. Sunshine and heat keeps the bucks blood thinner which in turn sends more to the antlers. Strange but true.

• Like 4