Freaks of Four Seasons.

I missed this thread last year....Really cool, Thank you for sharing. 

I don't understand from your posts what the market is for you. Are you selling to hunters on ranches to introduce great bloodlines?

I guess what I am asking is what is someone purchasing these deer intending to do with them?

I missed this thread last year....Really cool, Thank you for sharing. 
I don't understand from your posts what the market is for you. Are you selling to hunters on ranches to introduce great bloodlines?
I guess what I am asking is what is someone purchasing these deer intending to do with them?

Most of the bigger ones get sold to breed on other farms. Most go to hunting ranches across the state. The young of the year from the higher end does go into breeding herds where they live out happy lives of 13-15 years. At the end of the day every buck will get harvested at a ranch somewhere. Those that have never had Venison from a high fence operation has never had the best the animals offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Those are not even close. Now when they look like this you may be on to something. abb6832e8da33811c4ec475f0578d544.jpg

Thats just not natural, just looks plain silly. I know theres mega $ in deer breeding, but these deer do absolutely nothing for me. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

93695af7a8ec3f7371278ab14308a3e6.jpg

Ver nice and healthy.. amazing what happens with proper nutrition and no stress. There are times I wish we could use minerals and supplemental feed, but I do the best I can with habitat and food plots.

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

What do you use in your pen/ pasture mix if its not.a secret or do they really just feed on supplements?

No Secret at all. Clover's, Alfalfa blends for the most part. Does get straight ration of 16% Protein and Bucks get about 22-24% with 32% Roasted beans with a 20% Pellet and Flaked Corn. No extra minerals or anything else for these 2yr olds. Balanced diet, No Stress and Awesome blood lines are the trick in this trade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric J said:

What good is penned up Fake Deer?  It's getting that monster Buck .... In the wild that is truly amazing.

I have no desire to hunt a pen-raised freak of a buck. But I do find Four Season's livelihood to be extremely interesting. Keep the pics coming FSW.

• Like 6

Youve probably had this question.  What are you actually looking for that makes a more valuable deer? Typical,non typical? Inches it can produce, blood lin or does it just depend on the buyer.  There was a guy up past my parents who used to raise them he was a small outfit and all his seemed to be big typicals.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

The Turkeys on that 1,000+ Fenced Acres must be huge as well. It would be nice to take one on May 1st and the 2nd  easy Bird on May 2nd and then focus on another State.

Dude how many times must I tell ya?... 25 fenced.. But ya it's not real tough filling the Turkey tags on well managed property.

Youve probably had this question.  What are you actually looking for that makes a more valuable deer? Typical,non typical? Inches it can produce, blood lin or does it just depend on the buyer.  There was a guy up past my parents who used to raise them he was a small outfit and all his seemed to be big typicals.

There is a buck for every hunter. Years ago the demand was the big nasty non typical and the last few years have been a big framed typical pretty clean with a few extras. When the demand always trumps what's available they all go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

That could be answered in many different ways but let's just say some of us get to enjoy all aspects of hunting.

Calling it hunting is a joke.  The bloodline and breeding aspect is fascinating, but more like raising a Thoroughbred.

• Like 2

Calling it hunting is a joke.  The bloodline and breeding aspect is fascinating, but more like raising a Thoroughbred.

Why have ya tried it? Any time you would like the challenge just say the word. There will be a price to pay when you walk back out only holding yourself though.