Freaks of Four Seasons.

3 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Why have ya tried it? Any time you would like the challenge just say the word. There will be a price to pay when you walk back out only holding yourself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude, you're obviously really good at what you do, resident expert here.  What makes you go there when someone states the obvious?  I really do respect your opinion and knowledge on this subject, just don't know why you have to be an oversensitive prick and delude yourself that it's hunting.

• Thanks 2

Dude, you're obviously really good at what you do, resident expert here.  What makes you go there when someone states the obvious?  I really do respect your opinion and knowledge on this subject, just don't know why you have to be an oversensitive prick and delude yourself that it's hunting.

Because of people like you that blab about shit they are totally clueless about. You don't want to call it hunting yet I can promise you that I can put you in a fenced in area and give you 3 days to HUNT one animal and you will walk out empty handed! Now you want to say it's not for you or whatever then that's your call. Now if you want the chance to have first hand experience to be able to say it's not hunting just say the word.

You guys  got to be joking four season has the greatest job in the world if you like to hunt .

Think about it he gets  to have a  large track of land to hunt on that is all financed buy  his deer operation.    Win win 

Now I want to know the  back story on how he got into that business  in the first place ?

Edited by Hawk914
  • Like 3

You guys  got be be joking four season has the greatest job in the world if you like to hunt .
Think about it he gets  to have a  large track of land to hunt on that is all financed buy  his deer operation.    Win win 
Now I want to know the  back story on how he got into that business  in the first place ?

Lol. You got that part right. Can't think of a better animal that I would go back 24 years ago and start over with. It all started with a Rehab license and a Fawn dropped off by the DEC that got the ball rolling. b4d917c840035fd55b1d74c28dce0397.jpg

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Because of people like you that blab about shit they are totally clueless about. You don't want to call it hunting yet I can promise you that I can put you in a fenced in area and give you 3 days to HUNT one animal and you will walk out empty handed! Now you want to say it's not for you or whatever then that's your call. Now if you want the chance to have first hand experience to be able to say it's not hunting just say the word.

Even if everything you said is true, just makes you good at hunting livestock in a large enclosure.  If you're good at picking up hookers and happen to be a pimp, doesn't make you an awesome success with the ladies.

Even if everything you said is true, just makes you good at hunting livestock in a large enclosure.  If you're good at picking up hookers and happen to be a pimp, doesn't make you an awesome success with the ladies.

Or it makes you a failure and have your ass handed to ya by an animal inside an enclosed area and obviously you do not want anything to do with that challenge to see if you are a so called hunter? I mean come on... They can't get away right?

30 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Or it makes you a failure and have your ass handed to ya by an animal inside an enclosed area and obviously you do not want anything to do with that challenge to see if you are a so called hunter? I mean come on... They can't get away right?

Can I bring my big chainsaw and a log skidder?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

If someone is ever afraid to speak the facts that would not say much for them.

What "facts"?  All I've heard so far is "you can't say it's not hunting if you don't pony up 10k to shoot an animal in a 5 acre fence!  Because it's SUPER HARD. ". You might even be right.  Doesn't make it hunting.

What "facts"?  All I've heard so far is "you can't say it's not hunting if you don't pony up 10k to shoot an animal in a 5 acre fence!  Because it's SUPER HARD. ". You might even be right.  Doesn't make it hunting.

Still yappin off but afraid to take the challenge! Typical. Won't cost you a nickel and I am such a nice guy I will let you pick Ny,Pa or Ohio to get your slice of humble pie? You got the mouth but not the skills to back it up? What can you be afraid of? The buck is in a cage and you have a big bad gun. Let's see the Skills?

While I'm not into high fenced hunting, I'm sure not all fenced hunts are created equal.  If it's a couple hundred acres, and the hired hands constantly push the critters around, it's not going to be very challenging.

Several thousand acres, and you're in for a challenging hunt.  

I find what fsw does for a living very interesting. Would love to take a tour of his place.  

While I'm not into high fenced hunting, I'm sure not all fenced hunts are created equal.  If it's a couple hundred acres, and the hired hands constantly push the critters around, it's not going to be very challenging.
Several thousand acres, and you're in for a challenging hunt.  
I find what fsw does for a living very interesting. Would love to take a tour of his place.  

Only takes a phone call. People here about everyday. Be careful though. Talking like that might lose ya friends on here . I guess I should put up a couple freaks if it's in the name. d6c02ccb0af07fcfae475854f09936b4.jpg5e4794a2aa7806a3c76ddc270724348e.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Only takes a phone call. People here about everyday. Be careful though. Talking like that might lose ya friends on here emoji3516.png. I guess I should put up a couple freaks if it's in the name. d6c02ccb0af07fcfae475854f09936b4.jpg5e4794a2aa7806a3c76ddc270724348e.jpg

Lol, if people don't like me because of what I believe, or who I like, or what I post. Oh well.  

• Like 1

How someone  hunts is a personal preference  unless you are stalking the woods of public lands don't really think you can make a big deal about fence hunting  .

Private land   is still fenced maybe not to the animals but definitely off limits to most hunters .  The  only issue I can see is if the property is so small that there is no possible way the animals can evade the hunters  like what happens in a none fenced scenario. 

Edited by Hawk914
  • Like 1

How someone  hunts is a personal preference  unless you are stalking the woods of public lands don't really think you can make a big deal about fence hunting  .
Private land   is still fenced maybe not to the animals but definitely off limits to most hunters .  The  only issue I can see is if the property is so small that there is no possible way the animals can evade the hunters  like what happens in a none fenced scenario. 

Really very few really " Hunt" a deer. They sit and shoot 'Any' deer. They word Hunt is rarely used in the true form. When one Scouts, Locates one buck and then goes after said buck only and kills it then they hunted that animal. To sit and kill any deer? Not really much of a.. Hunt..

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Really very few really " Hunt" a deer. They sit and shoot 'Any' deer. They word Hunt is rarely used in the true form. When one Scouts, Locates one buck and then goes after said buck only and kills it then they hunted that animal. To sit and kill any deer? Not really much of a.. Hunt..

Well a lot of guys are just trying to fill the freezer nothing wrong with that either . 

Edited by Hawk914
  • Like 2

Four Seasons. Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you hunt letchworth state park?

If I’m remembering correctly you put in a lot of time and effort into hunting the park and obviously not hunting your deer.

Your deer are raised as a means of income and I’d imagine a good income at that. If someone is willing to pay that money to hunt then what the hell why not make a living off of that. It probably beats the snot out of a typical 9-5 office job.

I’d love to check your setup some day with my kids. Not sure your exact location but perhaps we could make it happen.

• Like 1

Four Seasons. Correct me if I’m wrong but don’t you hunt letchworth state park?

If I’m remembering correctly you put in a lot of time and effort into hunting the park and obviously not hunting your deer.

Your deer are raised as a means of income and I’d imagine a good income at that. If someone is willing to pay that money to hunt then what the hell why not make a living off of that. It probably beats the snot out of a typical 9-5 office job.

I’d love to check your setup some day with my kids. Not sure your exact location but perhaps we could make it happen.

Yes we have land that borders the Park at one end and a Camp at the other end. Nobody hunts any deer behind fence here as we are just a farm..Not a hunting ranch. The deer have been my 9-5 for about 15 years now. Won't find a better job..If that's what one wants to call it and the income is nice but the freedom is much better. Finding hunting time is never an issue for sure. If you ever find yourself in the 1000 Island Region look us up.

• Like 4

I will say that I have a friend who has recently joined the hunting industry to film for an outdoor show, since his recent move to MO.. The man he works for has 600 acres fenced, also owns several hundred acres un fenced and also hunts Public.. He has told me numerous times that hunting the fenced deer are no joke.. It ain't like walking up on an animal with a bag of candy corn as everyone claims. He States they are very hard deer to hunt, and they have much better luck hunting outside the fence on other private properties.. All these properties are full of food, water and cover as needed. and setup for the hunter in mind.  Just sayin people.. I used to judge things without knowing the background and the actual facts.. Not so much anymore.. Teach me so I can learn.. don't judge and point fingers when we are unaware of the facts in and around the topic.. whatever that be

• Like 3

Glad your back FSW...I had a question about sheds way back in the doldrums of the winter I was hoping you can answer.
I had a few bucks holding their horns later than I expected where I shed hunt(no hunting allowed so I am not looking to hunt(or sit and shoot) a larger buck this coming season.

Do your farm deer hold their horns longer to get that large? Or do they grow that quick and dump them to star regrowing the next season)
Do deer that hold their horns longer lack the ability to grow larger horns next year?

Glad your back FSW...I had a question about sheds way back in the doldrums of the winter I was hoping you can answer.
I had a few bucks holding their horns later than I expected where I shed hunt(no hunting allowed so I am not looking to hunt(or sit and shoot) a larger buck this coming season.

Do your farm deer hold their horns longer to get that large? Or do they grow that quick and dump them to star regrowing the next season)
Do deer that hold their horns longer lack the ability to grow larger horns next year?

Dropping antlers is caused by many different factors. Injury or stress... To many doe's in a breeding pen..will make them drop. The changes in their body after the rut and diet plays a big part. Ours will hardly ever drop before March and even April and start growing again a couple weeks later in May. Have seen bucks that were cut the fall before not drop their Buttons and have new antler grow "Out Around" the old base. Messy repairs were made getting the old button off but the buck grew a sweet 200 inch rack that summer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Dropping antlers is caused by many different factors. Injury or stress... To many doe's in a breeding pen..will make them drop. The changes in their body after the rut and diet plays a big part. Ours will hardly ever drop before March and even April and start growing again a couple weeks later in May. Have seen bucks that were cut the fall before not drop their Buttons and have new antler grow "Out Around" the old base. Messy repairs were made getting the old button off but the buck grew a sweet 200 inch rack that summer.

I often wondered if a deer that didn't drop his antlers for whatever reason, would push them off in the spring when growing new ones.