Freaks of Four Seasons.

Because of people like you that blab about shit they are totally clueless about. You don't want to call it hunting yet I can promise you that I can put you in a fenced in area and give you 3 days to HUNT one animal and you will walk out empty handed! Now you want to say it's not for you or whatever then that's your call. Now if you want the chance to have first hand experience to be able to say it's not hunting just say the word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be game only if the animal was reasonable priced and I can use my rifle.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have no desire to hunt a pen-raised freak of a buck. But I do find Four Season's livelihood to be extremely interesting. Keep the pics coming FSW.

Perfectly put.

Need less hunter vs hunter. If you don’t like it, you can keep your comments to yourself.

• Like 4

Lol. Way to put things more into your favor. Lol. You figure you would need the big gun to find and kill an animal in a cage?

Well I already am pretty ratty at bowhunting so I'd like to keep the odds fairly balanced

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Maybe I should start giving away free bred Doe's to anyone that wants to start up a herd. Lol

I've always wanted a couple.of cow elk and a bull..   please send info/ contact on what I need to to do to have my.dream.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

An 8ft fence and about 8 grand would get you on your way. Would be cheaper but Ny is a closed border state so one has to pay the price.

8 ft would do it? How.large a pen?

High fence hunting isn't my thing, but I can imagine it can be more difficult than one would imagine. 

10 years ago or so we bought a 1200# beefer from a friend. He was a little on the wild side and during the process of getting him into the trailer the bull escaped , jumped the fence and went into the neighbors pasture.(I doubt there was 50 acres of brush and woods) 

We obtained permission from the neighbor and hunted that bull for 2days (with our deer rifles)before  giving up. Except for a couple opportunities at him running at over 150yds we never laid eyes on him again. We like to think that we are decent hunters too.lol.

The neighbor finally shot him a week later when the bull came into the barnyard with his cows. 

• Like 2

there was a good discussion on the meateater podcast that i feel fits well here. 

3 things draw most of us to hunting and if you took any of them away, we may not hunt at all.

1. excitement

2. food

3. the element of surprise/danger. Not knowing what's going to happen in the woods that day.

For #3, this is where we separate some hunters from others. Some want to be guaranteed success, an opportunity etc. It's not everyone's thing and that's fine, but that's where high fence hunting and stocked small pond fishing resides. If you call me up and say you got a pond loaded with trout i'll try it once, but i probably wont be back. #3 just isn't there for me and would diminish my interest in doing it again. This is of course, to each their own.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Belo said:

there was a good discussion on the meateater podcast that i feel fits well here. 

3 things draw most of us to hunting and if you took any of them away, we may not hunt at all.

1. excitement

2. food

3. the element of surprise/danger. Not knowing what's going to happen in the woods that day.

For #3, this is where we separate some hunters from others. Some want to be guaranteed success, an opportunity etc. It's not everyone's thing and that's fine, but that's where high fence hunting and stocked small pond fishing resides. If you call me up and say you got a pond loaded with trout i'll try it once, but i probably wont be back. #3 just isn't there for me and would diminish my interest in doing it again. This is of course, to each their own.

Let me play devil's advocate here .

This is true but what if the fence is 1 2 3 4 5 or 10  or more square miles  .

I think I saw a study that shows deer spend most there life's in a area no more then 1 square mile . So somebody can work the land put in food plots good habitat for deer and even with out a high  fence get good results if they have a big enough amount of land to work with .  

Edited by Hawk914

46 minutes ago, old man river said:

I agree with the post above. I think #3 would fit right in on Public Lands. I am always alert for Black Bears. I have had 9 or 10 close encounters. Never a problem so far.  

interestingly enough this comes from the discussion where they were attacked by a brown bear. But i think not just the danger part of hunting is important here, but just the unknown. see below.

35 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

I think I saw a study that shows deer spend most there life's in a area no more then 1 square mile . So somebody can work the land put in food plots good habitat for deer and even with out a high  fence get good results if they have a big enough amount of land to work with .  

sure it's not just a point and shoot, but you also know exactly what deer are there and the guides put you in the right spots. point being, even with a bunch of trail cams on my property i still get surprised and dont know just who and what might show up that day, and that's not just deer. seeing a fisher was the highlight of my season last year. 

• Like 3

Yeah in a perfect world. Most don't own property and then many only small pieces that they can't have any control of what goes on or gets shot around them. All I can tell ya is from being in the Bizz for over 20 years this has grown to huge proportions. Even here in Ny state... Being one of the smallest in the high fence industry... we can't make enough bucks to supply demand. Mine are sold before even being made and I could sell 30-50 more a year. At the end of November first couple weeks of December any size buck available has a high price on its head. 100 incher would amaze ya. To each their own when it comes to where, when and how it's done. If it's legit!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Belo said:

interestingly enough this comes from the discussion where they were attacked by a brown bear. But i think not just the danger part of hunting is important here, but just the unknown. see below.

sure it's not just a point and shoot, but you also know exactly what deer are there and the guides put you in the right spots. point being, even with a bunch of trail cams on my property i still get surprised and dont know just who and what might show up that day, and that's not just deer. seeing a fisher was the highlight of my season last year. 

Hey if you like to hunt  have the cash but don't have the time to put in buying and working the land or maybe you did but now you  are older and don't have the ability to do it any more and still want to be in the game why not .

I would imagine four season costumer base are older folks for what ever reason at a certain age some people just don't want to deal with the hassle of buying there own land and all the headaches that come with it . Nothing wrong with it in my book .

Edited by Hawk914

57 minutes ago, Hawk914 said:

Hey if you like to hunt  have the cash but don't have the time to put in buying and working the land or maybe you did but now you  are older and still want to be in the game why not .

I would imagine four season costumer base are older folks for what ever reason at a certain age some people just don't want to deal with the hassle of buying there own land and all the headaches that come with it . Nothing wrong with it in my book .

I imagine you're wrong about age. It's more about priorities and who you are as a person. If you're the kind of person with a small penis and feel the need to impress others then a high fence hunt is for you. Those that don't have the money for high fence and still want big bucks will generally resort to poaching.

If you're the kind of person who enjoys the challenge (and the time that comes with it), and you enjoy nature and the woods, then there's no reason to go high fence. Regardless of age.

And time is a poor excuse. It's priorities that matter. I have a demanding full time job and 3 kids. I coach 2 baseball teams and football. I'm fortunate enough that i could afford a high fence hunt, but that's not what it's about for me. But I do make the time and I do bitch and moan when the alarm goes off and I really need the sleep. But that's what's what makes life fun. We're all different. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Belo said:

I imagine you're wrong about age. It's more about priorities and who you are as a person. If you're the kind of person with a small penis and feel the need to impress others then a high fence hunt is for you. Those that don't have the money for high fence and still want big bucks will generally resort to poaching.

If you're the kind of person who enjoys the challenge (and the time that comes with it), and you enjoy nature and the woods, then there's no reason to go high fence. Regardless of age.

And time is a poor excuse. It's priorities that matter. I have a demanding full time job and 3 kids. I coach 2 baseball teams and football. I'm fortunate enough that i could afford a high fence hunt, but that's not what it's about for me. But I do make the time and I do bitch and moan when the alarm goes off and I really need the sleep. But that's what's what makes life fun. We're all different. 

I don't know never met anybody who went on a high fence hunt have no idea just speculating why they do it . I rather just hunt different public land  but I like hiking to . Not just hunting so it works out great for me even if I get shit  . I got family that went to the trouble of buying land upstate just for hunting I get invited every year usually don't bother  nothing big ever comes off there property anyway then they get kinda pissed  when you shoot the only buck that is there . 

Edited by Hawk914

29 minutes ago, Belo said:

What happens if one has a small penis and enjoys the challenge?  You may be confusing some members here  .... not me of course but some members.  lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

i'm pretty sure turkeys still fly. so any high fenced turkey isn't a whole lot different than a well managed piece of land with suitable roosting and food habitat. You still need to get them into <40. Now stocking them, like a penned in pheasant release farm is a different story.

i'm pretty sure turkeys still fly. so any high fenced turkey isn't a whole lot different than a well managed piece of land with suitable roosting and food habitat. You still need to get them into

Yeah I could fill many tags with the 17 or 22 Mag from the house while they pick at the feeders. Getting as bad as Yotes!

What if you just happen to have a small penis and like big trucks, fast cars and high fence hunting but have no desire to impress people.

Just saying, for a friend of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Moho81 said:

What if you just happen to have a small penis and like big trucks, fast cars and high fence hunting but have no desire to impress people.

Just saying, for a friend of course.

Yea but now they have medications  and surgery for a small penis so you're friend  has lots of options lol  he can buy the big penis then buy a fast car on his  way to the high fence all in one day now ain't money great  :)

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...