Freaks of Four Seasons.

Freaks of FS update??  [mention=293]Four Season Whitetail's[/mention]

Party is over for this year. Everything sold has been delivered, smaller bucks cut. Everyone in their breeding pens and all fawns separated. Now there is nothing left to do but hunt every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

I love deer, and watching them. Pretty cool to make a nice livelyhood out of doing that I think. Though high fence hunting is not for me, or FS either, (as he hunts the other side). Supplying for the demand of it, is work that many of us might enjoy. Though no doubt dealing with all the rules and regulations may be a real pain. Nothing wrong with having a nice gig that you enjoy doing, and pays well.

Thanks for the new pictures! Keep em coming. Cool to see what selective breeding turns out. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, grampy said:

I love deer, and watching them. Pretty cool to make a nice livelyhood out of doing that I think. Though high fence hunting is not for me, or FS either, (as he hunts the other side). Supplying for the demand of it, is work that many of us might enjoy. Though no doubt dealing with all the rules and regulations may be a real pain. Nothing wrong with having a nice gig that you enjoy doing, and pays well.

Thanks for the new pictures! Keep em coming. Cool to see what selective breeding turns out. 

You don’t know how right you really are. To be able to live with these animals is really a blessing. Crazy how every one is always different 

• Like 5

Do you ever get some ornery deer that just need to be “asked to leave” prior to them achieving their full potential?
They seem like such a docile animal (The rut must be insane to watch inside the pen) the it is hard for me to imagine one or two really “going postal”

31 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Do you ever get some ornery deer that just need to be “asked to leave” prior to them achieving their full potential?
They seem like such a docile animal (The rut must be insane to watch inside the pen) the it is hard for me to imagine one or two really “going postal”

Like most other animals there is a pecking order and they live by it. It’s usually the young yearlings  that do all the fighting. Put a 2-3yr old in the pen of yearlings and he keeps them in line.    Also anyone that does not leave any givin year get their headgear removed so when they do get after each other during the year there is no death from sticking each other. They just push each other with whatever bases I leave on their heads. But they will battle till one gives the head banging shoving match. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mowin said:

Sounds like a fun job for sure. Do you ever let people tour your facility?  I'd love to if I'm ever in the area. 

Always people stopping in. Especially when I put the bucks up front near the road. Shocked there has been no wrecks yet with all the rubbernecking. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

So do you do hunts there for the fat lazy and incapable people that shoot the livestock or sell to the canned outfitters?

what do u care as long as its a legal business, not my type of thing but honestly why does it bother you, im guessing it does the way you asked your question? some guy is making a living do what he likes and working hard

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1