Guns you want to buy next.

I suddenly want to buy stock in HK in case you buy all of them on your list default_pleasantry.gif
Trades in Paris MLHK only around 1% of shares of the company are actually publicly held. The rest is controlled by the owners privately and it's really thinly traded. I'd buy a share in certificate form just to put it on the wall. That would be pretty cool.

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

17 hours ago, mowin said:

The only two I really want....

M1 Garand

Original Remington 1911

I'm waiting for a 1952 Savage 99 in 300 Savage.  I know, not the rarest caliber, but never owned one before.  Should be in my hands by the end of the month.  

You will fall in love with the savage, my dad gave me my granddads 300 -  99 some time ago. I don’t shoot it much but when I do  i recall the story’s my dad told me about  just how many deer that gun has killed..

• Like 3

On 7/8/2018 at 11:21 AM, Elmo said:

1. A Ruger #1 (Haven't decided on caliber but it'll be a heavy hitter, maybe 9.3X62 Mauser).

2. Marlin Guide Gun in 45/70.

3. Winchester X-Bolt in either 7mm Mag or 300 WinMag.

4. Henry Lever Action in .410.

5. Mossberg MVP Light Chasis in 223.

FWIW, I have a very nice Ruger 1S in 300 H&H mag that I will soon be selling. I'll be in NY in the fall if you would care for a visual inspection. PM me if interested. 

I need a new gun like I need a hole in the head but that does not stop me from picking one up when the urge hits me. There is one caliber that I have always had a yen for and the is the 264 or 6.5, always drooled for and wanted a 264 Winchester mag but never got around to actually obtain one. Kind of forgot about it until this recent uptick in interest in the 6.5 cartridges. Nosler came out with their Nosler 26 which upped the ante making the Winchester play second fiddle. Then Weatherby got into the game with their 6.5-300 out performing both the Nosler and Winchester cartridges. This baby is pushing bullets out at 400 yards as fast as the 6.5 Creedmoor load leaves the muzzle. 

A barrel burner deluxe for sure, probably washed out after 700 shots but I do not care. The new Weatherby First Vanguard Lite with a 28 inch barrel has a guarantee to group 3 shots under an inch and a street price of well under a grand is beckoning me!:heat:

firstlite_rifle.jpg

• Like 4

I took some time to think about this.

I want a .308 in the AR platform.

Then I want a shotgun and bolt-rifle with wood stocks.

The shotgun would be geared as a slug gun and preferably in 20. The rifle in either .270 or .06.

But, I don't see any of them happening in the near future.

I did look at this the other day, not a hunting weapon, C02 pistol, but sure has my interest.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Dan_Wesson_2_5_CO2_BB_Revolver_Silver/2652

Stoeger has good reviews for decent quality at a reasonable price.
My Stoeger 3500 is nice, good work horse type gun, shoots everything no problem. Then I bought my Versa Max Remington, runs like a champ, little heavier than the Steger so 3.5 inches aren't felt as bad.

Then I bought my Franchi, Infinity, shoots everything, is lighter than my Remy, and the recoil is ev r n better because if is from Benelli.

If I'm only buying one, the Franchi is it.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

1) ATI O/U 20ga to shoot TSS for turks. 

2) Black hawk in 45c and/or Redhawk in 41 or 44 ... I like the old school looking revolvers the best

3) LCP in 9mm or 380 to carry.

4) 25-06 H&R Handi not sure why I want this in Single shot Heavy but I really do

• Like 1

I’ll have to check that one out . Certainly a “ just because “ gun . I think I’d go .410 as well. I have absolutely no real use for this gun, same as my Derringer,but it’s fun to take out once in awhile .

Well like that a bit better , love the forend ! Only 12 and 20 though .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

• 3 weeks later...

If money allowed, I would get Larry Romano Firearms (Alamo Gunshop) in Pennelville NY making me one of his beautiful Ballard single shots, undecided round, but maybe 45-70 or maybe even 30/40 Krag.

My pocket book being what it is, I would love to get ahold of one of the new Henry breaktop single shot rifles, blue and walnut please, in .308, and put my standard scope on top: Leupold VX 3 in 1.5 x 5.

• Like 1

Where to start...

All original M-1 Garand

All original 1903 (I have a sporterized one, but want full original)

Marlin 39A from 1957 (my birthday year) (it's just a crazy idea of mine)

Another muzzleloader

Browning CItori

Ruger American .308 (need another deer rifle, like this one just fine)

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, coonhunter said:

I keep threatening to buy a 45/70 just because it is completely different than anything else I have, and they are fun to shoot.

I keep thinking its next for me as well .To scope or not to scope ,that's the question.

• Like 1

By an "all original"  M1 Garand, can I assume you mean with no aftermarket parts , or perhaps just the original configuration..?

The vast majority of Garands have been rebuilt at some time over the years...I consider mine original because it has no aftermarket parts that I am aware of, but since the receiver was made in 1943, I assume it may have been rebuilt several times..

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Daveboone said:

If money allowed, I would get Larry Romano Firearms (Alamo Gunshop) in Pennelville NY making me one of his beautiful Ballard single shots, undecided round, but maybe 45-70 or maybe even 30/40 Krag.

My pocket book being what it is, I would love to get ahold of one of the new Henry breaktop single shot rifles, blue and walnut please, in .308, and put my standard scope on top: Leupold VX 3 in 1.5 x 5.

I love you, Man....Oh...I've told you that before, haven't I... Another cool suggestion for the Ballard.....303 British....

Although, in all fairness, one of the old straight case rounds would be more authentic, like the 45-70 you suggested or perhaps a 38-55....Dang, I gotta go take a cold shower now...

32 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

By an "all original"  M1 Garand, can I assume you mean with no aftermarket parts , or perhaps just the original configuration..?

The vast majority of Garands have been rebuilt at some time over the years...I consider mine original because it has no aftermarket parts that I am aware of, but since the receiver was made in 1943, I assume it may have been rebuilt several times..

I would like to find an original - to me, meaning with all the original parts.  I have a German Mauser (K98) from 1944, that my grandfather (NCO Third Army) brought back from WWII (along with a ton of other guns and stuff).  It sat in my father's safe until a couple years ago (he's a handgun guy, had no interest).  We got it out while my son and I were visiting.  It was still covered in cosmoline, including the barrel.  Breech untouched.  We took it apart and cleaned it up.  All numbers match (even has the original the bayonet, sheath and sling).  We figured it must have been a new issue at the end of the war, probably never actually carried.  My dad gave it to my son.  We have fired it maybe 100 times.  It's an awesome rifle.  I wouldn't sell it for $1 million (well, maybe :) ).  

A year or so ago, I picked up an all original Mosin Nagant sniper rifle, 1943 - again, cosmoline, matching numbers, original scope with leather cover, cleaning kit, everything.  Like the Mauser, still had all the cosmoline, breech clean as a whistle.  All numbers match.  That gun is very accurate.  First time at 200 yards were able to keep it in the black.  

This has got us interested in building a collection of historic military rifles.  Since the above, we picked a 1903 (not original) and a Spanish Mauser (not original, but original re-issue).  It's a lifelong project, that I hope my son will continue when I'm gone. 

• Like 1

Good luck, my friend...At one time I had the ambition of collecting the major battle rifles of  WWII...That was back when you could get a nice Mosin Nagant for $75 and a nice #4 Enfield for $100 or so... After accumulating a dozen or so, I sort of ran out of room.. Seems like a divorce had something to do with it..hehehe...Sold a few of them...Several others, a 1938 K98 Oberndorf,  two Japs, a type 99 and a type 38, a 1917 Mosin, and a 1944 Long Branch Enfield #4 are currently on display at my local Legion post..I still have my Garand and hunt with it a few times each deer season..I also have a Springfield 03A3, but it has been sporterized...Good shooter though and I picked it up with an older steel tubed Weaver scope for $250 a couple years ago..I hunt with it also...

• 2 months later...

I would like to find an original - to me, meaning with all the original parts.  I have a German Mauser (K98) from 1944, that my grandfather (NCO Third Army) brought back from WWII (along with a ton of other guns and stuff).  It sat in my father's safe until a couple years ago (he's a handgun guy, had no interest).  We got it out while my son and I were visiting.  It was still covered in cosmoline, including the barrel.  Breech untouched.  We took it apart and cleaned it up.  All numbers match (even has the original the bayonet, sheath and sling).  We figured it must have been a new issue at the end of the war, probably never actually carried.  My dad gave it to my son.  We have fired it maybe 100 times.  It's an awesome rifle.  I wouldn't sell it for $1 million (well, maybe  ).  
A year or so ago, I picked up an all original Mosin Nagant sniper rifle, 1943 - again, cosmoline, matching numbers, original scope with leather cover, cleaning kit, everything.  Like the Mauser, still had all the cosmoline, breech clean as a whistle.  All numbers match.  That gun is very accurate.  First time at 200 yards were able to keep it in the black.  
This has got us interested in building a collection of historic military rifles.  Since the above, we picked a 1903 (not original) and a Spanish Mauser (not original, but original re-issue).  It's a lifelong project, that I hope my son will continue when I'm gone. 

Finding a original garand as you say is nearly impossible especially because at that time unlike our European counterparts. The us did not cereal number all the parts on our rifles. That being said if you are truly interested in something like this I know a couple people and may be able to
Find one for you. That said they are usually pretty pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk