How About Some Rain

WTF-thanks alot guys! My Boys baseball team are the 1 seed after two pool play games yesterday up in Chester(The Rock Frozen Ropes tourney). A lot of baseball to be played today but THIS rain on THIS day may blow up our run at some bling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My lawn is more brown then green. Has been for weeks. The last time I mowed was just using the week whacker to trip around the house, the one tree we have, and some die-hard weeds on the lawn.

But, my lawn get blasted with sunlight most of the day. Barely any shade until the evening. So it gets burnt fast. It's not growing, and I am OK with that. I don't like seeing a brown burnt lawn, but will take that over mowing every 3 days with heavy rainfall.

We do need rain though, for the crops people sell to the major food markets.

We got enough rain last night to barley knock the dust down.  I've got 25 + lawns.  I mowed 6 last week.  I'm even skipping irrigated lawns that are in full sunlight.   Most of my lawns are 1.5+ acres.  Now there 1.5+ acres of desert. 

8 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

We got some good rain last night. Went to spray yesterday at camp and i think our well went dry. not a drip of water anywhere. Hope after some of this rain I can spray asap. 

Yeah I have To try and get my sprayer from my buddy later today so I can Get the plots sprayed. 

Moving in to our new house end of the month lol. Time is running out for me. My beans are kneee high, probably going to kill a share of them if i spray with the atv. 

I have pics for you on that harrow also. No price on it just a number. Looks real clean and hardly used. Just waiting for the pics to upload from phone

• Like 1

I kept an eye on radar last night  looked like the northern part of chennango co got  good rain where camp is think i will be planting friday and saturday with more rain forecasted for sunday and monday. The ground should still be moist at least from last night....

I just took a drive down through southeastern Niagara, and northeastern Erie Counties. Some of the corn that could be panted early doesn't look to bad, as it begins to tassel out. Other fields, the bottoms leaves are drying up,  wilting, and looks stunted. Several fields of no till are going back into the soil. We have had .15 of an inch the whole month of July. 

Edited by landtracdeerhunter

That is crazy. Here in central Steuben, according to my farmlogs account. My fields are 36% drier than average. That is after the .6" of rain we received monday or whichever day it was. I know a friends property in Wayne County is over 40% drier than average. I would imagine you are as bad or worse off than that. Hope the forecast for next week holds true, possible storms everyday almost.

• Like 1