4H Summertime

sherlockgael

I’ve got lots of deer moving around. Starting to see more and more bucks each day. Haven’t seen my big one that I know made it until at least February. Once he dropped his rack it got too hard to tell him apart from the others. Hoping he reappears sometime soon, would like to track his growth progress. If he doesn’t show up in the next week I’ll move a couple cams to try and catch him. Hoping for a good season this year. Haven’t shot a buck on this property in 3 years now. Been letting them go and hoping they learned it was a safe place to be. No out of state hunts planned for this year either so I’ll have 100% of my time focused on home.

We haven't put out cams yet. Probably will first week of August. But we have seen a bunch of deer lately, including one of our biggest bucks from last year! Lots of doe with fawns too. And there is a couple small bucks, out in the cow pasture behind my house most early mornings. Bears, seem to be laying low in all this heat, no sightings of them in quite some time. Over all, considering last winters weather in the hilltowns outside of Albany, the deer population looks good in or area of 4H. 

not too familiar with WMU 4H as much as 4J and the east side of the river.  if you haven't seen anything in 3 days you might want to move the camera. another method for fields i like is putting it on field scan/time lapse mode on an inside corner facing out into the field.  deer enter the field from different spots and may be just out of range for the camera's motion sensor.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2018 at 8:39 AM, dbHunterNY said:

not too familiar with WMU 4H as much as 4J and the east side of the river.  if you haven't seen anything in 3 days you might want to move the camera. another method for fields i like is putting it on field scan/time lapse mode on an inside corner facing out into the field.  deer enter the field from different spots and may be just out of range for the camera's motion sensor.

fullsizeoutput_64d.jpeg