BEARysburg!

Don_C

Yes, I thought it was a younger bear, but I have no idea what I'm looking at.  My buddy said he thought around 150 pounds too.  I personally have no interest in shooting a bear, but it sure would be cool to see one from the stand in the fall.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

Yes, I thought it was a younger bear, but I have no idea what I'm looking at.  My buddy said he thought around 150 pounds too.  I personally have no interest in shooting a bear, but it sure would be cool to see one from the stand in the fall.  

I saw one that was killed that weighed 135 and the 3d target I was shooting I was told was about the same size.  That bear looks real close.  Much easier if you have something to gauge height/body length against.  For what its worth, we were told that the 135lb sow killed was old enough to breed and "mature" - said it could be 4 years or older.

That's interesting and I agree, in that video the thing seems quite large to me until it runs past the fire wood, then I quickly realized it's the height of my dog who weighs 75 lbs.  I have only ever seen two dead bears in person and both were over 500lbs (one in PA and one in Leon NY) so I guess I thought most were that size.  I think it is really cool to see they are becoming more common.