Always SOMETHING...<<SIGH>>..

Pygmy

I have a huge old oak on the edge of my foodplot with overhanging limbs... One of the limbs ( about 20 feet up)  broke off at the trunk and dropped down on the limb below it, which is live and still attached..Both are HUGE limbs...Sumbitch has WIDOWMAKER written all over it... I want to get it out of my foodplot  but there is no way that I have the equipment OR the know-how to do it safely, so I'll have to hire someone to take care of it... Another unexpected expense...This year it has been one thing after another with the property , house and equipment..

Perhaps getting married JINXED me....Hehehe....

It's def her fault, have her take the tree down.... problem solved!  Lol kidding of course. Don't be making her a widow already

But yeah stay away from that thing for sure. Maybe it will come all the way down in next storm and can deal with it then with it on the ground.  One can hope.  

Good luck.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the input db....Problem is these are MASSIVE limbs....Both close to 24" in diameter where  they come off the main trunk..  And they are now touching the ground  out  into the food plot about 50 feet, making a huge obstruction to mow or plow around...

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Thanks for the input db....Problem is these are MASSIVE limbs....Both close to 24" in diameter where  they come off the main trunk..  And they are now touching the ground  out  into the food plot about 50 feet, making a huge obstruction to mow or plow around...

Can you chain the broken one to your truck and pull it out.  Then you could cut it up into manageable pieces.  I will drive down to help Dan.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You need a friend (moog) with a new ‘wheeler to yerk it off the trunk!!

I bet you and I can just lift it up and drag it out.  lol  If its the "plot" I hunted turkey in, we don't need a wheeler, my truck would do just fine.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Sent you a pm.... 

Hey, I'd be willing to come out, look at the tree, stand around, (but not too close), with a cold iced tea in hand, do a lot of pointing, with added hand gestures, mumble a bit under my breath. Then tell ya that maybe, moog or rob-c could help ya more than I can???

Oh yeah......can I get a refill on this iced tea???

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

Hey, I'd be willing to come out, look at the tree, stand around, (but not too close), with a cold iced tea in hand, do a lot of pointing, with added hand gestures, mumble a bit under my breath. Then tell ya that maybe, moog or rob-c could help ya more than I can???

Every job needs a supervisor^_^.. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

I bet you and I can just lift it up and drag it out.  lol  If its the "plot" I hunted turkey in, we don't need a wheeler, my truck would do just fine.

I think before Dan knows it, he’s going to have a crew of guys there to beat the band!!!!

Say when........

• Like 1

While I was over at the Legion,  The Mermaid called one of her in-laws, who has  logging experience...

When I got home, the limbs were already on the ground, where I can deal with them...

Thank you ALL, for your generous offers to help ….I sincerely appreciate it....

I guess she's not a jinx after all.....Hehehe....

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Pygmy said:

While I was over at the Legion,  The Mermaid called one of her in-laws, who has  logging experience...

When I got home, the limbs were already on the ground, where I can deal with them...

Beside  every good man is s good woman.. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Kudos to Sis.   Explain to me again how you locked her up - and not like that Dan!

• Like 2