Video Of Last Years Buck Minutes Before I Shot

Lawdwaz

I don't recall if I posted this last year but with my newfound discovery in the ease of uploading to youtube, here it is.

This is the buck I killed about a minute and a half after the video ends, IIRC.  He was in eyesight about 20 seconds before this clip started.  He wanted to go to the east but my grunt call turned him and he came in.

image.thumb.jpeg.e7168c72a2262b1a677ad5dd4c8390cf.jpeg

• Like 21

13 hours ago, mowin said:

Very nice.  Your definitely becoming internet savvy.  :drinks:

I don't know, it seems like they (YouTube) made it easier to upload videos?  Maybe I just didn't spend the time with it either.....??

I much prefer video with my trail cams over still pics and posting them for others to see is cool.

14 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Very cool Law.  Looks like perfect weather too.  

Thanks moog and others.....

I know I posted the story about that buck last fall but he was heading north and then turned to the east.  I was further north and just a touch west so I grunted (with that Vector call) and he stopped.  He looked my way then kept going.....I grunted again and he turned my way!  He came in and actually fed on something right in front of me for a moment.  His head and body were behind some brush and there was no shot.  After what seemed like a week he started to walk into an opening.  I made a burp to stop him (I'm quite an expert at the "burp" noise) and it worked.

While the shot was perfect, I had very little blood for the first 150 yards or so.  It was getting to be dusk and I was doubting my shot, thinking it may have been a bit high.  I stopped and contemplated waiting a couple hours or even till morning (I hate leaving them all night) when all of a sudden I hear snorting coming from his direction of travel.  Sunnoffabitch......

I turned and went back to my buddies and left him all night.  1st thing next morning I find him not 30-40 yards from where I stopped the night before with a almost perfect shot.  It was a touch high and his lungs took some time to fill up.  If I'd have gone 15 FEET more, I'd have spotted a blood trail of gruesome proportions.  

I don't regret pulling out that night; decisions decisions!  

• Like 5

Setting up a trail cam to take videos is the way to go! Get many more "looks" at deer & other critters compared to photo bursts. Downside is battery usage and you really have to only save vids that are important onto your PC. Can quickly eat up storage space. Also can get some really interesting vids you wouldn't have gotten by taking photos. Trade-offs...!