Machinist Tool Box $50 Local

8 minutes ago, mowin said:

OMG.   I've got my dad's that isn't in nearly that shapt.  Wouldn't sell it for a million bucks

I am not trying to take away from the original toolbox, but being yours is not in good shape makes it that much more special, being its your dad's.  Priceless. 

• Like 2

Dang Larry, wish I was your neighbor! You got lots of cool stuff I'd be carrying home! And a good stash of ski I'm told too, for those over the fence discussions we'd have! :drinks: Here's to you "neighbor"!....lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

Dang Larry, wish I was your neighbor! You got lots of cool stuff I'd be carrying home! And a good stash of ski I'm told too, for those over the fence discussions we'd have! :drinks: Here's to you "neighbor"!....lol

Yea, one man's trash is another man's treasure!!

(I'm not calling any of this stuff "junk". It's just stuff I don't need and has to go!!)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Really?

Yes.   It's one of the few things I have of his that survived from when he was medically discharged from the military in '43 and enrolled in a machinist apprenticeship.  It was his first purchase after he became a machinist in I believe '45...  So you could offer me a million dollars for it and I'll tell you or anyone else to hit the road. NFS.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Yea, one man's trash is another man's treasure!!

(I'm not calling any of this stuff "junk". It's just stuff I don't need and has to go!!)

Ya I tossed my dads in the trash tote  , along with inside / outside angle gauges , V blocks , depth gauges, an a ton of other stuff . Couldn’t give most of it away . I kept some micrometers, punches , and rulers .Which my kids will toss out when I die .....

• Like 1