Vintage Hunting Photos (Good Old Days)

airedale

• 3 weeks later...

Touched off a few handloads with the 44 mag revolver the other day making sure she is hitting where I aim. Got to thinking about the father of the 44 Mag Elmer Keith. I used to subscribe to Guns and Ammo and read his column every month, also have two of his books which for me were entertaining as Hell. The ultimate big bore fan old Elmer's idea of a Deer rifle was a 458 win mag.

Gone but not forgotten.

Al

2022-11-19_171623.png

2022-11-19_171541.png

2022-11-19_171726.png

2022-11-19_171840.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a very interesting hero photo by Texas bowhunter Brian Miles. Pictured is his grandfather Bradford Miles (center) with rifle & wool coat- posing beside a horse drawn buggy with his stud Texas buck. Brian says.... "My father told me the picture was taken about 1925. Dad was born in 1933 just east of Waco TX. My Grandfather Bradford practiced law in the town of Coolidge TX. I traveled through the old “Coolidge” back in the mid-1980’s and you could still see grandpa's name plaque on the old red brick building downtown “Bradford Miles, Attorney at Law”.

1a.jpg

• Like 3