Vintage Hunting Photos (Good Old Days)

airedale

Looking at these pictures, it seems you can just go out in your smelly coveralls, put on your Elmer Fudd hat, grab the shotgun and a couple shells and just go out back and hunt...and be successful in bagging game. no Kuiu outfits back then. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Merlot said:

Looking at these pictures, it seems you can just go out in your smelly coveralls, put on your Elmer Fudd hat, grab the shotgun and a couple shells and just go out back and hunt

Hunting techniques and skill were completely different from what hunting is today. Those boys and gals were serious and good, the pictures tell the story.

Al

22 hours ago, Grouse said:

1960's.  In the trunk.

Back in those days not many folks had the luxury of owning a pickup truck, most just had a car of some kind. Deer were strapped to the fender or stuffed in the trunk if possible.

I remember stuffing the Buck below into the rear of our late seventies new Ford Fiesta hatchback, man the wife was pissed.:O

Al

2023-02-12_083942.png

2023-02-13_063136.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 2/13/2023 at 6:37 AM, airedale said:

Back in those days not many folks had the luxury of owning a pickup truck, most just had a car of some kind. Deer were strapped to the fender or stuffed in the trunk if possible.

I remember stuffing the Buck below into the rear of our late seventies new Ford Fiesta hatchback, man the wife was pissed.:O

Al

2023-02-12_083942.png

2023-02-13_063136.png

Nice 'fro, bro....Hehehehe....  Back in the 70's my sister borrowed my truck for a couple of days and left me with her little two seater sports car...It was bow season, and of course I had to pick that time to kill a buck.. I had to call a buddy of mine to come with his truck and haul my deer home for  me.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Nice 'fro, bro....Hehehehe....  Back in the 70's my sister borrowed my truck for a couple of days and left me with her little two seater sports car...It was bow season, and of course I had to pick that time to kill a buck.. I had to call a buddy of mine to come with his truck and haul my deer home for  me.....

I have a similar memory of my Uncle Pete, when he was in college, shot a deer with his bow and brought it home tied somehow to his 1969 AMX. It was the same car by the way he was driving with me when we went trout fishing one day  in Coldbrook , NY, and on the way home had two horses that had gotten loose jump in front of and basically over the hood of the car. It scared the crap out of us both when those two giants just barely cleared the car, and one of them actually got hit judging from the loud bang. 

My uncle was so pi$$ed he drove up to the house where the horses ran, kicked on the door, and from inside the car I could see his face red as he shouted at the person who came to the door. I was only about 12 or 13 then, so it didn't really register with me how badly that could have ended and his lucky we actually were. 

Think back on it, after living in Alaska and seeing first hand and up close what damage is done hitting a moose with a vehicle, that event took on a whole different meaning. 

Ooops...sorry about that..I guess the hair style and little Ford sent me down memory lane. lol

Edited by New York Hillbilly
spelling
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, New York Hillbilly said:

little Ford sent me down memory lane. lol

Not much room in the back of that Fiesta and that Buck was Rank smelling in full rut mode, the car stunk for days inside, and those car air fresheners just seemed to make it worse.:o

• Haha 1