Vintage Hunting Photos (Good Old Days)

airedale

Love looking at vintage hunting photos and art, some hard looking folks back in the good old days and many depended on hunting so they could eat. An old timer that grew up in the depression  days said "He knew things were getting better as he was starting to see rabbits and other small game crossing the roads without a dog and hunter following in close pursuit.

2008-02-08_054155.jpg

2018-07-12_201051.png

2018-07-12_201416.png

coon-princes1.jpg

Edited by airedale
  • Like 18

41 minutes ago, airedale said:

Love looking at vintage hunting photos and art, some hard looking folks back in the good old days and many depended on hunting so they could eat. An old timer that grew up in the depression  days said "He knew things were getting better as he was starting to see rabbits and other small game crossing the roads without a dog and hunter following in close pursuit.

2008-02-08_054155.jpg

2018-07-12_201051.png

2018-07-12_201416.png

coon-princes1.jpg

Those airdales in the first picture, look just as hard as ol Coyote Jack!

• Like 1

Too cool.   I've got some B&W photos of my dad, uncle's, and brother in the late '50's early '60's. I'd love to post them, bi  there in storage at the moment. Trying to sell our current house and purchase another, but so far 3 buyers for our current home have had to back out because the bank won't untimely give them a mortgage.  

Thanks for sharing, Al...Obviously Coyote Jack didn't have a TV in the cabin to watch on those cold winter nights...Hehehe..

I like the grouse hunter...The shotgun looks just like one that my Dad bought for $10 back in the late 1930s...

It is an Ithaca, made in 1899..It has  " NEW ITHACA GUN"  inscribed on the receiver...I still have it..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

Hehehehe...I was better looking at 18 than that dude....I if I knew how to post my high school senior picture I could PROVE it....hehehe..  Nice looking Marlin rifle that young fellow  has, tho…...

This is me at 13.  Yea, the one on the LEFT.  1974 and the first "bunny".  You can also see I was huge Sabres fan too........

It took a number of years before my good looks kicked in. :)

zzIpirM.png

https://imgur.com/a/EzFF5JH

Edited by Lawdwaz
I'm an idiot; don't know my right from left sometimes.
  • Like 7

The dude with the two grey foxes around his neck has what looks like a Winchester m1887 lever action shotgun...

It could also be a M1901, which was basically the same gun, except beefed up to handle smokeless loads...

I remember when Ed hart's Gun Shop was in Cohocton back in the 1960s..He had two of those Win lever shotguns on his rack , a 12 gauge and a 10 gauge..I can't remember what the price was, probably some exorbitant amount like $50...

• Like 3