The New Massey

Here she is fellas all clean for now, traded in my smaller 9 yr old Massey for this larger framed, larger tires, more HP Massey Ferguson. Nice feature is that the newer Masseys now use skid steer attachments so bucket, plows and other front end attachments are interchangle with the likes of skid steer, bobcat etc. Shes much bigger then my prior massey so the bucket needs to be stored separately as  the tractor wont fit in the shed with it on. I havent mowed with it yet but i assume visibility without the bucket out front is much better. And if needed it only takes a few minutes to get the bucket hooked up. Hoping to use her next season to change up some of my food plots. 

20180716_092330.jpg

20180716_092320.jpg

• Like 13

37 minutes ago, airedale said:

The quick attach system is the only way to go, adds so much versatility and ease of changing loader attachments. I have a bucket, a pusher and a power angle plow that make the tractor very useful for a wide variety of chores.

Al

Absolutely, with the skid steer it shouldnt be hard for me to find a nice plow for the snow.

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Congrats on the new tractor. What model/hp is it? My Kioti also has the quick change bobcat type loader, its a nice option.

Thx. Its the largest in the 1700e series, model is 1739 and its 39 hp. Yes i remember your new acquisition,  i follow all tractor threads closely. Just anything tractor related makes me tingle...lol...one day when i retire i hope to get my hands on an older restored massey tractor..like  a TO 20 or 30. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, philoshop said:

From the pics it also looks like it will handle those side hills really well too. :rolleyes:

Just kidding. Congrats on the new tractor.

Lol...Guess you'd never been to my property , there are some trails that are at a very nice long steady incline. Put that tractor in turtle gear and chug along. Its actually a good thing because it forces you to slow down and take in all the beauty. Theres nothing like riding a diesel tractor up a mountain at a snails pace as you travel wooded trails to your food plots. I get excited every single time i go!!!!! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

Lol...Guess you'd never been to my property , there are some trails that are at a very nice long steady incline. Put that tractor in turtle gear and chug along. Its actually a good thing because it forces you to slow down and take in all the beauty. Theres nothing like riding a diesel tractor up a mountain at a snails pace as you travel wooded trails to your food plots. I get excited every single time i go!!!!! 

I think he was referring to picture rotation being sideways.  lol

• Like 1

Just curious, but does anyone know if the MF line is still made in Buffalo? They were a Canadian company for a while, then switched back to the U.S. in the 90's if I recall.

Doesn't really matter for the most part. Good equipment that will likely outlive you with proper care.

2 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Here she is fellas all clean for now, traded in my smaller 9 yr old Massey for this larger framed, larger tires, more HP Massey Ferguson. Nice feature is that the newer Masseys now use skid steer attachments so bucket, plows and other front end attachments are interchangle with the likes of skid steer, bobcat etc. Shes much bigger then my prior massey so the bucket needs to be stored separately as  the tractor wont fit in the shed with it on. I havent mowed with it yet but i assume visibility without the bucket out front is much better. And if needed it only takes a few minutes to get the bucket hooked up. Hoping to use her next season to change up some of my food plots. 

20180716_092330.jpg

20180716_092320.jpg

Tractors sure have come a long ways, and your right  granny gear on a tractor in the woods is therapeutic. I have many memories driving the old  Farmall- H in my younger years.. 

jeepers almost forgot, congrats on the new toy. she’s a keeper..  

Edited by rob-c

1 hour ago, rob-c said:

Tractors sure have come a long ways, and your right  granny gear on a tractor in the woods is therapeutic. I have many memories driving the old  Farmall- H in my younger years.. 

jeepers almost forgot, congrats on the new toy. she’s a keeper..  

Thx. Really is therapeutic.  I have a feeling you know where im coming from. Im sure you have very fond memories.

• Like 1

I spent many summers tedding and raking hay on a MF 165.  My brother still has 3 or 4 of them on the farm.  They were simple to operate and stood the test of time.  One of my favorite 2 wheel drive tractors.  

Congrats on your new tractor.  It should be big enough for all kinds of work and a real labor saver.

7 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Thx. Its the largest in the 1700e series, model is 1739 and its 39 hp. Yes i remember your new acquisition,  i follow all tractor threads closely. Just anything tractor related makes me tingle...lol...one day when i retire i hope to get my hands on an older restored massey tractor..like  a TO 20 or 30. 

If you like tractors, check out tractorbynet.com. Awesome site for tractor people!  

7 hours ago, NYBowhunter said:

Nice tractor. Ah the smell of fresh paint and smoke burning off the exhaust pipe for the first time. I've restored TO 35's. Three speed with hi- low and live pto. and a Z134 Continental. It hard to find a TO 20 without a cracked block anymore. I've seen threaded rod through the block on some with nuts on the outside of the block to hold things together.