Handgun holsters. Who uses what?

I am not sure if this has been a thread already in the past, but I would love to see who uses what holster, and type for daily carry.  I have shared the one, and only holster I own in a seperate thread.  It is a TT Gunleather made black leather IWB that I use for my Springfield Armory X D Mod.2 in .45 cal.  I absolutely love the gun, and holster, and they pair well with my Hank's gun belt. That specific setup, I carry at 4-5 oclock, and it really is comfortable,  and conceals well, not 100% print free to be honest with certain shirts I wear.  I decided to order a separate holster today, decided to try a kydex holster, I was concerned with wear on the slide,  but I have a stainless slide,  so how can it harm it? Maybe it will polish the edges if even that...this new holster on order is an appendix style to tuck at 12 oclock.   I want to give appendix carry a try, to enable a seperate option, with certain shirts I have.  If anyone does not mind sharing what holster, brand, and at what  position it is carried I would appreciate it.  Unless of course this has been a topic already.

20180306_130349.thumb.jpg.976bfa4687a0aaab3e4a18e5d92cdc7d.jpg

20180306_130326.thumb.jpg.d8bcd277a7f16547edb1e0e6e484cfdf.jpg

Edited by Bionic

My carry gun is a Sig Sauer 938 9mm, it is fairly small and could actually be carried in a pocket which I sometimes do depending on the pants I am wearing. While I have several holsters for this gun my favorite is a simple nylon type with a belt clip. I can wear the pistol anywhere on my waist and also slip the whole works in my pocket. I also have a couple of concealed carry vests that I like a lot. 

Al

002.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 1

M&P Shield 9 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster with belt clip.  Easy on/off, slim yet solid holster, no printing and allows a fast draw from concealment.  There isn't any excess kydex to jab your pelvis unlike some other AIWB rigs that I have tried. 

20180725_084136.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

M&P Shield 9 in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster with belt clip.  Easy on/off, slim yet solid holster, no printing and allows a fast draw from concealment.  There isn't any excess kydex to jab your pelvis unlike some other AIWB rigs that I have tried. 

20180725_084136.jpg

Does the kydex wear the slide finish at all? I can't imagine it is in/out, in/out all day...

I went to a dinner raffle at a firehouse saturday, and they were raffling a shield .40 with a laser on it, wanted that baddd.

• Like 1

The Kakadu Traveler Vest had become one of my favorite ways to carry when in the outdoors, and early season hunting, besides a handgun you have all kinds of room for ammo, GPS, dog tracking equipment, snacks, compass, matches, binoculars, water bottle, multi tool,etc etc. 

The Traveler is built using Kakadu's traditional 12oz oilskin for bad weather protection, the rest is the same, 18 pockets.

9 front patch pockets, 2 front zipper storage pockets, 2 side entry welt pockets, 2 internal security pockets, last of all is the 2 CCIS pockets.  Brass zip closure, cowhide trim, full cotton lining covers the Kakadu concealed carry internal system (CCIS).  Anti-imprint pads are not required as the 13 external front pockets distort any imprinting.

s-l400.jpg

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Does the kydex wear the slide finish at all? I can't imagine it is in/out, in/out all day...

I went to a dinner raffle at a firehouse saturday, and they were raffling a shield .40 with a laser on it, wanted that baddd.

No, the finish is good.  At this point in the game, all I really care about is performance.  I've whittled things down to what I use the most and shoot the best.  

• Like 3

On 7/25/2018 at 8:43 AM, Jdubs said:

20180725_084136.jpg

Bought a new summer carry upped from my Beretta Tomcat .32 I’ve carried in pocket holster for a long time. MP Shield 2.0 performance 9mm in Kydex holster. Really like the way it carries. 

49BA69C7-09A2-4EE5-A629-8385B0723F7C.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Bionic said:

Thanks for all who shared their preferences,  hopefully it wasn't too personal, and on the verge of becoming touchy of a topic.  

Nope, the way I look at  it is if a person dosen’t want to share how or when they carry then don’t post. I have no problem sharing with anyone on my cc gun. It’s ridicules how secretive we have to be in this state with our carry weapons. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

This is a phenomenal holster around camp, backpacking, fishing and trapping....

Chest-holster-at-work.jpg

I will give this one a serious look for when I get my sr1911 in 10 mm for a  woods  carry gun.. 

Custom made by Tom at "2AHolster"....

Best service and made within 3-5 days from him...Tom's gear specializes towards military and law enforcement and is well made and rugged...

Highly recommended and best as I carry a pack, wear hip or chest waders and this keeps my weapon secure and handy. Our camp in Hamilton County is very bear populated and some years they get a little too bold when food is scares.

My wife kayaks, hikes and fishes as well and uses one also for a Smith & Wesson shield. 

Edited by Salmon_Run
add info
  • Like 2

Custom made by Tom at "2AHolster"....
Best service and made within 3-5 days from him...Tom's gear specializes towards military and law enforcement and is well made and rugged...
Highly recommended and best as I carry a pack, wear hip or chest waders and this keeps my weapon secure and handy. Our camp in Hamilton County is very bear populated and some years they get a little too bold when food is scares.
My wife kayaks, hikes and fishes as well and uses one also for a Smith & Wesson shield. 
You just cost me some money seeing this. I have a drawer full of holsters but this style fills a different niche, now I need one... Or two...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine is not a "Kenai" but from 2AHolster, I love the kydex and they are custom made for each make, model and barrel length.

I had one made for my retired "duty" weapon of a Ruger Security Six and I carry that routinely. 

I thought of the leather and didn't like the idea of upkeep, odor retention and maintenance involved. The chest style can be made barrel up, horizontal or barrel down according to your preference. Mine is constructed so I can utilize it in any configuration.

Your money will be well spent !!!!Chest-Holster-Muzzle-Down.jpg

Edited by Salmon_Run
added

8 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I had a tote filled with holsters I am never happy with them. My most carried gun “glock26” I easily have over 20 holsters for. My “Glock 43” I have only had about a year and have been through 8-10 holsters for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing I like most about the chest holster is that when you wear it, it's always available but clearly "out of the way" of anything I do. I can wear chest or hip waders and pack with straps easily.

It also supports the weapon very well and retains the weapon while allowing quick access if needed.