Handgun holsters. Who uses what?

The thing I like most about the chest holster is that when you wear it, it's always available but clearly "out of the way" of anything I do. I can wear chest or hip waders and pack with straps easily.
It also supports the weapon very well and retains the weapon while allowing quick access if needed.

I can’t carry a gun facing the side like that pointing at someone if I’m around anyone. My fear is that most accidental handgun shootings happen on the draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The first thing you want/need to do is not worry about the finish or wear on your pistol. If you’re carrying it, it will wear and who cares how it looks. My carry guns all have their fair share of wear on them. 

I think your issue is the location you’re carrying the pistol at. In the 4-5 o clock position you’re going to print any time you bend over, twist, any variety of movement. I have found that 3-4 o clock hides much better for me. It is easier to conceal your width than it is your depth. Putting the gun at 4-5 o clock puts it in a position that “breaks” when you move. 3:30-12 o clock and 8:30-12 o clock will print less when you move, twist, bend over, etc. I carry mostly at 3:30 and prefer a 10-15 degree forward cant. 

Second thing, stop worrying about printing. If you’re just showing a bulge here and there no one will notice, for the most part. 

I like leather, but kydex is hard to beat. Try Alpha Concealment in Pittsburg. They make some nice stuff at a reasonable price. 

9 minutes ago, pitweiler said:

The first thing you want/need to do is not worry about the finish or wear on your pistol. If you’re carrying it, it will wear and who cares how it looks. My carry guns all have their fair share of wear on them. 

I think your issue is the location you’re carrying the pistol at. In the 4-5 o clock position you’re going to print any time you bend over, twist, any variety of movement. I have found that 3-4 o clock hides much better for me. It is easier to conceal your width than it is your depth. Putting the gun at 4-5 o clock puts it in a position that “breaks” when you move. 3:30-12 o clock and 8:30-12 o clock will print less when you move, twist, bend over, etc. I carry mostly at 3:30 and prefer a 10-15 degree forward cant. 

Second thing, stop worrying about printing. If you’re just showing a bulge here and there no one will notice, for the most part. 

I like leather, but kydex is hard to beat. Try Alpha Concealment in Pittsburg. They make some nice stuff at a reasonable price. 

I just got my Alpha Concealment holster Friday....

Thank you for thr tips.

20180914_190504.jpg

• Like 2