Good Story=New (to me) Gun

Lawdwaz

So this story is kind of neat.  About 6 weeks ago or so I spotted a Beeman R9 on Craigslist locally.  The seller was in Lewiston, NY and I was pretty busy with things at the time.  Over a few days I checked back a couple times and it was still available.  Later that day I decided I'd call the seller and go snatch it up. 

Well lo and behold it was gone off the site!  Oh well ya snooze, ya loose.

Fast forward about three weeks and the wife and I are at an estate sale in Clarence one Saturday. As we're walking in I see a guy walking out with a Crossman pellet gun.  Me being the shy silent type, I immediately strike up a conversation with the guy.  We BS for 30 seconds or so and I told him I had my eye on a Beeman that was posted on C-list a few weeks prior.  He says, "hell, I'm the one that bought it!".

We ended up laughing about what a small world it was and he said he wasn't even sure why he bought it, just curious I guess.  I told him if he wanted to sell it to give me a call.  I gave him my business card and we said adios.............

Well now yesterday I get a text from the guy and he says he'd sell it if I was still interested.  He lives in Newfane so we met at Niagara Produce, about half way for both of us as I was off work today.  So I did end up buying it, a .20cal with a Swift 4-12 40mm scope and probably 700 pellets.  I shot it a little in the basement and at 12' she's accurate..... :)

Fpx22nw.jpg

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

So this story is kind of neat.  About 6 weeks ago or so I spotted a Beeman R9 on Craigslist locally.  The seller was in Lewiston, NY and I was pretty busy with things at the time.  Over a few days I checked back a couple times and it was still available.  Later that day I decided I'd call the seller and go snatch it up. 

Well lo and behold it was gone off the site!  Oh well ya snooze, ya loose.

Fast forward about three weeks and the wife and I are at an estate sale in Clarence one Saturday. As we're walking in I see a guy walking out with a Crossman pellet gun.  Me being the shy silent type, I immediately strike up a conversation with the guy.  We BS for 30 seconds or so and I told him I had my eye on a Beeman that was posted on C-list a few weeks prior.  He says, "hell, I'm the one that bought it!".

We ended up laughing about what a small world it was and he said he wasn't even sure why he bought it, just curious I guess.  I told him if he wanted to sell it to give me a call.  I gave him my business card and we said adios.............

Well now yesterday I get a text from the guy and he says he'd sell it if I was still interested.  He lives in Newfane so we met at Niagara Produce, about half way for both of us as I was off work today.  So I did end up buying it, a .20cal with a Swift 4-12 40mm scope and probably 700 pellets.  I shot it a little in the basement and at 12' she's accurate..... :)

Fpx22nw.jpg

Please tell me your going to do something about our over abundance of those wascally wabbits in our neighborhood. F$&$ers ate my good landscaping. They are everywhere.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kpkot said:

Please tell me your going to do something about our over abundance of those wascally wabbits in our neighborhood. F$&$ers ate my good landscaping. They are everywhere.  

I almost hit one on my bicycle the other night not far from your house. 

You're on speed dial if I breakdown/wipeout........between you and your wife I figure you two have the necessary medical skills to fix me up. :)

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 1