DMP's for this season.

Larry

35 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

This year in 8T it's low and none for first and second permits. No non-residents. I don't have it on my phone, but if I remember when I get home, I'll post up the pic my daughter took with up to 17 does in the field in front of her all day long on opening day of rifle last year. She's out of state, so she didn't have a permit, and I no longer had a landowner's to sign over to her.

I do believe that it varies within the area, but hard to take when you see so many.

Wherabouts roughly do you hunt in 8T?

I stand corrected on 8T. I just assumed it was PP REQ and didn't even try to draw for a DMP. I'm down in the Corning/Painted Post area near the 8X line. We usually hunt 8X since my dad can draw tag as an out of state resident. 

• Like 1

deer populations can vary wildly within a WMU.  DEC can't manage deer at such a micro level.  It's all the you and your neighbors at that point.  i can almost literally go fill a doe permit on command during the regular gun season at the farm. we take more than the DEC target goal per square mile too. travel 20 minutes down the road, outside a QDM co-op, and you'd be lucky to just to see deer that day or sit every in a "good" area.  you just do what you feel you need to on your little piece of the WMU and be happy over time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

No sweat. I always get my lifetime license after my neighbors do. Never this early. License year doesn't start until September.

Usually get mine end of August, but im not worried about it. Worse comes to worse, ill contact them to send me another set of tags

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, GreeneHunter said:

That's great .... 4H is tough ! And I do not know why , there are plenty of deer there !

Yes sir. So hard to draw a dmp here. While most areas in this unit, it's scary to drive early and late in the day! I've had three VERY close calls this summer alone between home and farm property. 

1 minute ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Congrats! Looks like you'll have two doe down in no time

Thanks! That is the plan. Would be great to have him put a couple of deer under his belt, or in the freezer this year! The way that boy is putting away groceries lately, he can easily eat two deer himself in a year!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Really stupid question, but how do they define "resident" and "non-resident"? State or WMU? If the latter, I've been throwing money away for a few years now.
Don't feel bad, I'm also a non resident and have about 7 pp, and this year no DMP again.

Sent from my SM-G900T3 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Oh it’s possible, been that way for the last 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not from my experiance i got turned down 1x as land owner  i felt it wasnt input correctly called dec and they sent me my tag. from dec site....

• Qualifying landowners and disabled veterans will receive their first choice DMP in all open WMUs.
Edited by G-Man

buckmaster 7600 ....if they have dmp in that area and you are land owner you get it automatically before anyone elde. your gettig ripped off by someone inputting  data wrong

Order of Selection

1. Landowners and Disabled Veterans
  2. NYS Residents and Nonresidents with 3 or more preference points.
  3. Residents with 2 preference points.
  4. Residents with 1 preference points.
  5. Residents with 0 preference points.
  6. Non-Residents with 2 preference points.
  7. Non-Residents with 1 preference points.
  8. Non-Residents with 0 preference points
Edited by G-Man

not from my experiance i got turned down 1x as land owner  i felt it wasnt input correctly called dec and they sent me my tag. from dec site....

• Qualifying landowners and disabled veterans will receive their first choice DMP in all open WMUs.

Yes if there is dmp’s but for my wmu there is zero, one of the only SZ wmu’s with Zero dmp’s i’m a disabled veteran and a landowner of over 100acres and still get zero!

7 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Yes if there is dmp’s but for my wmu there is zero, one of the only SZ wmu’s with Zero dmp’s i’m a disabled veteran and a landowner of over 100acres and still get zero!

if there are none allocated then yes you cant get any.