Gun Powder

fasteddie

11 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Any idea where gun powder can be purchased in the Rochester area for reloading purposes ?  Don't need any at the moment but curious as to where I can get some .

Runnings in Brockport. not sure how big their selection is though

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

7 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Beikirchs is non existant . They closed the doors July 21 . 

7 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

DANG  !!  They have been there for years and years...They closed their store in Elkland PA a year or so ago, but I thought  it was only a local thing...  I used to get  components ( shot, powder, wads, primers)  from Beikirchs back in the 60s when I was shooting Owl league Trap and skeet...

• Like 1

As previously stated, Runnings is a decent, nearby place to start with a good selection. They never seem to have exactly what I'm looking for but if I have a list they will generally have the second or third choice. Mostly I just buy on-line. :-( 

Sorry to hear about Beikirchs, that was a favorite when I worked in the Rochester area. Creekside was another old-fashioned gun shop that I miss. I bought a lot of guns, ammo, and reloading components from both places over the years. Sad to think that they're just history now. The smell of Hoppes #9 almost brings me to tears in this day and age.

10 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I’ll be dipped...........that’s a shame.   Blame it on Trump; if Hillary had won they’d still be open. 

If you’re coming to Buffalo for any reason, hit the Buffalo Gun Center.  They’ll have what you need. 

Wow we are aging are selves if we can talk about Creek side gun shop. They had two of the best gun smiths a round.

For powder near by I would say Running or Bass Pro or Cabelas there are some gun shops that may have powder.

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I miss Creekside. When did they close? Seems like mid to late 90's?

I think it was in the late 90s, Jerry..

That is about the time I doing a lot of  out of state hunting and was looking for a " grizzly capable"  rifle to replace my Ruger M77 .338 Win mag...I was interested in a Tikka in 9.3 x 62  and everyone I talked to told me that Creekside would have one if ANYONE did..

I had many friends who had been to Creekside, but I had never been there...I drove up, and when I got there they were in the process of liquidating their inventory..  They had just a few guns left on the racks..Big disappointment..

I never did find a Tikka  in 9.3x62, but ended up buying a CZ-550 American in the same chambering, and was never sorry for a minute...Very fine rifle ( with a walnut stock to boot) and a real tack driver...

• Like 1

Creekside, is / was surrounded by the farm I hunt . Great shop, but all the ya hoos that shot on their range prior to deer season, would come back and “ hunt “  ( trespass ) on the farm . When a guy I know opened a new gun shop in the area His signs for the shop would be stolen at night , the owner of Creekside was caught stealing them one night .

Beikirchs will reopen this fall in Henrietta under a new name .

I loved the place. I would bow hunt the morning shoot my slug gun on their range , eat and be back on stand for the afternoon . Ya know I’ll ask,around about the closing , I don’t remember the story to well .

I order online.  I have used gamleil shooting supply, wideners reloading, and powder inc for traditional muzzleloading.  After about 2 or 3 lbs, hazmat fee pays for itself.

Utica Bass pro I believe still sells powder, they have it out back, ask the gun dept.

IF ordering online, you can combine shipping with triple seven.  If you like pellets over loose powder, I believe they combine with that too.  I know primers have a separate hazmat fee.  Traditional blackpowder I rhink you can combine with smokeless in the same box.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, Stay at home Nomad said:

Beikirchs will reopen this fall in Henrietta under a new name .

Nope ,I wish it was but I don't think so.  Avon gun shop carries powder as does Ammo Bee in Caledonia Like mentioned Runnings and last would be Bass Pro(=$$$$).

• 3 weeks later...