Finally cut the cord..

wooly

... on that little electric Remington chainsaw.

This purdy little lady is gonna wrap her lips around some wood tomorrow and spit out a mouthfull of chips,lol!:girlblum:

I got her set up with the little 12" dime tip carving bar, sprocket, and 1/4" chain.

I've only run it with the standard 16" bar and 3/8 chain so far to whack down a few small trees, so I'm not really sure yet how she'll handle with her specialty accessories.

She sure feels like a nimble little screamer!

DSC_0068.JPG.5520f903a6db27c6f8558a00598bef4b.JPGDSC_0079.JPG.c8538bb18063ce3a4aa402b3a47de59b.JPGDSC_0069.JPG.0ea2c0c58173c9470e644785bc4c2cb0.JPG

• Like 21

13 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Sweet saw!!!

Are you using the Stihl synthetic oil with it? She's going to be a big jump over the 'lectric model for sure.

What is the next target piece?

I'm pretty sure that's what I grabbed, but I just got one bottle for starters, dumped it in the can, and tossed the bottle so not 100% sure. I take it you recommend to keep doing so?

Probably just start out with something simple at first until I get used to have she reacts to te wood in my hands. 

Cutting down trees is a whole different ball game than maneuvering and plunging a saw into a block of wood from some crazy angles and positions! I'll take it slow to start.

• Like 1

Great saw Wooly. Stick with the Stihl mix oil and non-ethanol gas. I have the 180 and the only difference is a steel bucking spur rather than plastic. Won't be an issue for you. There are some pretty cool specialty bars and chains made for that little saw. Enjoy!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wooly said:

I'm pretty sure that's what I grabbed, but I just got one bottle for starters, dumped it in the can, and tossed the bottle so not 100% sure. I take it you recommend to keep doing so?

Probably just start out with something simple at first until I get used to have she reacts to te wood in my hands. 

Cutting down trees is a whole different ball game than maneuvering and plunging a saw into a block of wood from some crazy angles and positions! I'll take it slow to start.

The Stihl synthetic oil comes in a a small gray bottle to be mixed with a gallon of gas. And yes, I think it's worth using. 

I bet you get the hang of it quickly.......I think a leaping bass would be a good project. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Your going to love that saw. I've got an MS310 that I bought somewhere around 200-2001. It just runs and runs. I put a new plug in it about 10 years ago just because I thought I should. Those things are the Toyotas of chainsaws. Looking forward to seeing your next projects!

Damn, they're shiny when new!

Edited by Steuben Jerry
  • Like 1

something about carving wood. there's several carvers around here that draw crowds at the fairs. years ago in the antique bldg at the fair this older gentleman used make baseball bats on a lathe with chisels. he would have all kinds of young rowdy boys, including myself, watching him carve them out in awe.  He loved it. You would've thought what he was doing was an act of God.

• Like 1