Food plot question

Going to try and make a poor man plot with only weed wacker and small tiller in small overgrown hay/weed field.  Do I need to roundup after cutting then wait a few weeks before tilling/lime/fert/seeding?  Or can I skip the roundup and cut, till rake/clean then seed/lime/fert all at once? Time is limited and I'm 5 hours from my property so unless I can seed 2nd week of september I'd like to do this all next weekend.

You can do it all at once, but the new seeds will be competing with whatever weeds return.  Better practice to kill it off first, then cut, till and plant.  But with limited time and a 5 hour drive, I would be very tempted to just do it all at once.  Wont look pretty but if you get good germination, it should still be a draw.

Mow til plant all same day, skip spraying if you cant get back. Or if your there for 2 days, you can spray in the morning, and do all your work toward the end of day, or the following day. If your only doing one plot. Id plant a nice blend, in case something doesnt take or deer dont prefer it yet if they've never been introduced to it. Brassicas, bulbs/tubers, clovers(annual or perennial) beans, peas, cereal grains, buckwheat. Offers a big buffet to chose from. All are preffered at different times of the fall.. Until you find what your deer like the best.  All will germinate with rain, if not planted to deep. 

Till, pack, spread seed, pack again..