Getting to be that time

WNYBuckHunter

Went through the stands I have at home and got them loaded up in the side by side to start hanging this week. I have a ladder and 2 hang ons for a double set. I’m going to go grab a few stands off of one of the farms that I domy hunt much anymore as well. I’d like to have 5 or 6 sets in this year to start. I’ll adjust and add others after the season depending on what patterns I see while I hunt this season. 

AB50CF15-9D9E-46B4-B2A0-B4E78ABD4C14.jpeg

• Like 12

Was working on stands this weekend . And pulled one last night after work from one place to put at another.   Was gonna do some more work this weekend but it's supposed to be 88 and humid.  That kinda puts the cover over being in the deer hunting vibe.  

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

I love this time of the year.  I hunt with 8 guys and starting around now there's always someone at the property getting ready for the season.  Hopefully the summer work pays off this fall!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Good luck ! I recognize some of those stands .....

I haven’t been on the land since shed  season, once it cools down late Aug. I’ll put up some new ladders .

Yep. Those two are going into a big pine on the North side of the plot. 

I’m trying to get mine in a bit early so I can give the property a rest after I get plots done, stands hung and then I hit the brassica plot with urea. I’ll go in every two weeks to swap cam cards and that’s it. 

I won a cell camera and tested it back there, but cell signal is too weak here for it. I wish it worked, then I wouldnt have to go back there at all. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

It's hard at this point for me to set many stands. A big question mark zooms as to what the food sources will be in October. If this drought continues, it will be a different call come hunting time altogether.

Im not sure what we will have at our place this year. Ive been looking at our oaks, and I havent found any acorns growing on them yet. Same with our beech trees. We have a couple of apple trees up by the house that are loaded to the point the branches are sagging, but they dont help out where Ill be hunting lol.