2018 Football Thread

grampy

First game of the year! Hall Of Fame Game! Bears vs Ravens.

I know it's only a preseason game. But it's football!

Got some new rules in play too. Catch rule has changed....again. And now, absolutely no leading with the helmet, for any player.

Looking forward to a great season. Hope everyone's team does better than expected! 

Oh yeah......go Panthers!

• Like 3

It's kinda weird to see it already, sons football starts the 13th and I'm coaching again so Aug Sept and most of October is all about youth football. Lucky summer travel baseball just ended so I get a small break before the crazy schedule begins. Go bills and go Giants

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grampy said:

On tap tonight, a little pre season action, with The Bills facing off against The Panthers!!!

A little smack talk from the Bills Kelvin Benjamin, about his old quarterback, Cam Newton, this past week. 

An idea what network it's on?

I pretty much swore off the National Felon League after all the flag disrespect, but then the Giants went and drafted Saquon.  Had to be Barkley, right?!  I loved watching him dominate in college and I'd be lying if I said I won't be watching "him" this year.  Torn, but it's tough not to cheer for a class act and unique athlete like Saquon Barkley.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

I pretty much swore off the National Felon League after all the flag disrespect, but then the Giants went and drafted Saquon.  Had to be Barkley, right?!  I loved watching him dominate in college and I'd be lying if I said I won't be watching "him" this year.  Torn, but it's tough not to cheer for a class act and unique athlete like Saquon Barkley.  

My oldest grandson, (huge Giants fan) had tears in his eyes, when the Giants drafted Barkley. He really is something special to watch! I hope he turns out to be as good as expected, and even better!

That Kneeling thing turned off a lot of longtime NFL fans. Understandably so, may I add. The league changed the rule on that, to no on field  kneeling, during the National Anthem.  As long as they were willing to disrespect our flag, and the men and women who fought and died for it, and their right to protest. I was willing to protest the kneelers! And to a degree the NFL for not taking a stand. The NFL took a stand, finally.

• Like 1

Watched a little more than three quarters of the Bills game before I nodded off. I liked what I saw from the QBs. Peterman looked sharp in that first drive. 7-7 and a TD against what was mostly Carolina's starting defense. He looked like a poised NFL QB. McCarron was good after a slow start. Allen got a TD and took a couple of good NFL hits that didn't rattle him. I like rookie Harrison Phillips, you can tell he loves being a Bill - got his first sack last night.

It's only preseason, I couldn't care less about the score. I made a big batch of Bills Koolaid to drink for the next few days!

IMG_2805.JPG

• Like 2

The Bills QBs really did look good! Not so much from my Panthers QB, Scam Newton. He is just not accurate, had a few passes over the heads of open receivers. Also his decision making in the pocket is deplorable. Though he only played a few series, I saw no improvement since 2015. Same old Scam!  Perhaps if he climbed down off his high horse, and quit all the showboating, he could be a much better QB! He has all the physical capabilities needed for sure. But it is what's between the ears, that makes an elite QB!

We will be lucky to go 8 and 8 this year...............sigh.

31 minutes ago, grampy said:

The Bills QBs really did look good! Not so much from my Panthers QB, Scam Newton. He is just not accurate, had a few passes over the heads of open receivers. Also his decision making in the pocket is deplorable. Though he only played a few series, I saw no improvement since 2015. Same old Scam!  Perhaps if he climbed down off his high horse, and quit all the showboating, he could be a much better QB! He has all the physical capabilities needed for sure. But it is what's between the ears, that makes an elite QB!

We will be lucky to go 8 and 8 this year...............sigh.

It's only preseason. I try to not get too high or low - key word, try. They make Kool-Aid in Carolina blue. Make up a big batch and take a swig!

7 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

It's only preseason. I try to not get too high or low - key word, try. They make Kool-Aid in Carolina blue. Make up a big batch and take a swig!

Good advice Jerry.  Think I'll mix up a batch right after work, and sip, not gulp........

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Going to be a long season for the Bills from what they've showed so far. QB contoversary coming up

At work, turned off game and now watching Gilligans Island

I would rather watch Ginger and Mary Ann any day than watch the Bills LOL

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Going to be a long season for the Bills from what they've showed so far. QB contoversary coming up

At work, turned off game and now watching Gilligans Island

Bills on a similar "3 hour tour" to disaster today, ala Gilligan's Island...