2018 Football Thread

grampy

3 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

I wonder how well the Saints fans slept last night.NoFlag.gif.fe4b30677fde02180d6844204e211563.gif

That was such an injustice to the game let alone saints fans. Millions of dollars are involved with these high stakes games. Why do they leave the game to be determined by a human that can make a mistake at anytime. The league needs to Be officiated by computers then no mistakes would happen 

I'm rooting for the Patriots in the Super Bowl for a few reasons :

1) Because the Rams knocked out my Cowboys

2) Let the dynasty continue.....I'll never see another one like this again in my lifetime

3) They are the greatest coach and QB to ever play the game

4) Rarely if ever do you see the Patriots mug it up for the camera after every score. The other reams look like gang members flashing their signs and going through those ridiculous choreographed dances.

• Like 1

They ended up with 3 . Plus that would have been 1/10 from the 20 I think. Could have ran more clock and possibly 7 not 3. That offense struggled last quarter of the season but that was a huge no-Call 

49 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They still took the lead, blew the lead, and won the toss in OT and blew that

As much as I dislike the Patriots, and Brady. For a 41 year old QB to perform at that level, is truly amazing! Go ahead. Win another Super Bowl and ride off in to the sunset.

Anyone one else see Belichick try to show a ref something on a tablet, only to be ignored? He then throws the tablet to the ground, picks it back up and tosses it behind the bench! I laughed out loud!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

That lack of a call for the Saints was the difference between three kneel downs and a kick, and the loss. I am a big fan of single plays not deciding the game - there is always something you could have done better or different, but that was egregious and on the second largest stage you can get for a football game. 

The throw was because that first down effectively ended the game upon the FG (which itself isn't guaranteed). 

• Like 2

Home team gets the ball first, they earned it. No extra points. Each team gets a possession unless the defense scores. How hard is this??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fine but it needs to be called the Mahomes rule

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, grampy said:

As much as I dislike the Patriots, and Brady. For a 41 year old QB to perform at that level, is truly amazing! Go ahead. Win another Super Bowl and ride off in to the sunset.

Anyone one else see Belichick try to show a ref something on a tablet, only to be ignored? He then throws the tablet to the ground, picks it back up and tosses it behind the bench! I laughed out loud!

Grampy, that was from an illegal pick that KC got away with. I think they scored a TD on that play.

Grampy, that was from an illegal pick that KC got away with. I think they scored a TD on that play.

Pretty sure Belichek was just showing him how other coaches are stealing his bread and butter (illegal) play!!! When ref couldn’t care less he threw a fit

• Like 1

New rule for the playoffs, every questionable call or non Call is reviewable. Who cares if the game takes 4 hours they’ll get it right 

Or add extra refs. MLB adds extra umps for playoffs and that helps a lot

• Like 1

The Mahomes Rule is that the hair on top of your head can’t be more than 35 times longer than the hair on the sides. You’re very close to being in violation yourself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pat Mahomes and Clay Mathews are both hair role models for me.