2018 Football Thread

grampy

46 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The Saints have lost every shred of dignity they had left this week with all the whining about a no call. Sean Peyton in particular. Give it a rest, you blew the game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree 100%. The Saints are crying louder than Hilary after the election! No amount of crying will change the outcome. 

• Like 1

I agree 100%. The Saints are crying louder than Hilary after the election! No amount of crying will change the outcome. 

Perfect analogy. Now they’re concerned that three officials were from LA. Give me a break.
If the officials called those pass plays I’d be suspicious

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The Saints have lost every shred of dignity they had left this week with all the whining about a no call. Sean Peyton in particular. Give it a rest, you blew the game

I agree. Over this crap. The Saints are my #2 team, and I was pissed off with that "no call", still am, but I can't change it, so I moved on.

I do have to add though, if this happened to any ones #1 team, they might react the same way, I did say 'MIGHT'. What if this was your sons team in a championship game? Would you be so easy to just let it go? I doubt it. But shit happens! But, I also still can't let go or forgive Andre Reed taking off his helmet and throwing on the ground and stopping up and down like a 3 year old who lost his cookie on a bad call in a frikin' Superbowl! Yes, it's just sports, but at times, a cut stings for a long time.

• Like 1

True. It's been said that the refs are starting let them battle it out. I'm OK with that, big boys let them play. But blatant needs a flag. I'm not pissing and moaning or crying, just stating the refs need to get their shit together. Bad calls are becoming the norm, and acceptable. I just can't agree with that. That Pats need an * next to the games they cheated in, but that won't happen either.

Edited by Rob...
spelling

Tom Brady says there is ZERO chance he will retire after this SB. Win or lose. Wants to play to age 45. 

I very much dislike Brady, Bilichick and the Patriots. But I do respect the fact that they're still going strong.

Hoping they get blown out on Sunday...............But they probably won't.

• Like 1

Just now, grampy said:

Tom Brady says there is ZERO chance he will retire after this SB. Win or lose. Wants to play to age 45. 

I very much dislike Brady, Bilichick and the Patriots. But I do respect the fact that they're still going strong.

Hoping they get blown out on Sunday...............But they probably won't.

He has been running his mouth about playing until 45 for years, even based his post-football business on it so I dont think he has a choice. I'd bet against that right now 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

He has been running his mouth about playing until 45 for years, even based his post-football business on it so I dont think he has a choice. I'd bet against that right now 

He's probably the best QB ever, wildly successful and married to a super model.  I think he has plenty of choices.  It's not like he's going to starve if he decides to retire.  I dislike the Pats, but I realize that he's great and winners on his level make easy targets.

5 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

He's probably the best QB ever, wildly successful and married to a super model.  I think he has plenty of choices.  It's not like he's going to starve if he decides to retire.  I dislike the Pats, but I realize that he's great and winners on his level make easy targets.

I dont think you need the "probably"

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Been awaiting the Superbow squaresl/ trail cam thread to appear

100 squares sold out in less than four hours sir. Didn't even have a chance to post here.

Edited by phade
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, phade said:

100 squares sold out in less than four hours sir. Didn't even have a chance to post here.

I got lucky last year and won a cam! Was looking forward to donating my money so someone else could win one!!

I got 5 $2 squares here in the office pool. Not looking too good when my best box is 8 and 9!

Although we run a nearly company wide march one....has high level people in it.

Only $5 per bracket, but it has had as many as 830 brackets. Only pays out top 6. From 2011-2014 I finished 7th. In these circles, they call me the Bridesmaid.

Edited by phade
  • Haha 1

I split a $100 square with a buddy and I am on several  $1  and $2  boards...Been playing them for many years and never hit anything big..I think I split $500 once and that's the best I ever remember doing..Usually I feel lucky just to get my money back..

1 hour ago, Tughill Tamer said:

I've got a $30 dollar square in one pool and 5- $5 squares in another. Turned down a couple pools one was a $200 square. That's to rich for my blood.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If I had a $200 square I'd rather not know the numbers, it would ruin the game for me

• Like 1