HAS ANYONE JOINED OR RE JOINED PHEASANT RUN THIS YEAR ?

Thanks.....I am enjoying my club.  Kick backs?  Well....who's paying you off to try to destroy the best hunting club on Long Island?  What....you guys have nothing better to do with your lives than sit around the computer like teenage girls badmouthing?  Well have fun.....I'll be out hunting!

Best in LI.......

Thanks.....I am enjoying my club.  Kick backs?  Well....who's paying you off to try to destroy the best hunting club on Long Island?  What....you guys have nothing better to do with your lives than sit around the computer like teenage girls badmouthing?  Well have fun.....I'll be out hunting!

I just joined this year moving here from illinois. It is all I hoped for and more, couldn't be happier. Just shot a 120 class 8 point and have deer under me quite a bit. The owner is a great guy.... has dinner ready every saturday night. All of the members are great. I've met 20 or so and really expected by now I would meet someone I wasn't sure about.... not yet! A great bunch of guys that just love to hunt. Comoraderie is awesome. I am blessed to have run into this place, hunting is my life and coming from Illinois it was a real worry trying to find something that could compare..... Stop by the club some saturday night and see for yourself!  Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

I just joined this year moving here from illinois. It is all I hoped for and more, couldn't be happier. Just shot a 120 class 8 point and have deer under me quite a bit. The owner is a great guy.... has dinner ready every saturday night. All of the members are great. I've met 20 or so and really expected by now I would meet someone I wasn't sure about.... not yet! A great bunch of guys that just love to hunt. Comoraderie is awesome. I am blessed to have run into this place, hunting is my life and coming from Illinois it was a real worry trying to find something that could compare..... Stop by the club some saturday night and see for yourself! Thanks for reading!

Another one post wonder? Where are all these people coming out of the woodwork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just joined this year moving here from illinois. It is all I hoped for and more, couldn't be happier. Just shot a 120 class 8 point and have deer under me quite a bit. The owner is a great guy.... has dinner ready every saturday night. All of the members are great. I've met 20 or so and really expected by now I would meet someone I wasn't sure about.... not yet! A great bunch of guys that just love to hunt. Comoraderie is awesome. I am blessed to have run into this place, hunting is my life and coming from Illinois it was a real worry trying to find something that could compare..... Stop by the club some saturday night and see for yourself! Thanks for reading!

Any pics?

I have been with Pheasant Run for over 10 years! Are you guys kidding??? This is a GREAT CLUB! There are over 85 members that have also been with this club for over 10 years and some members for even 20 years! So many of the cruel comments that are being made on this forum are all FALSE, unwarranted, and just spiteful. To make fun of someone's son, who happens to studder? Are you in grade school? Look, if you have a problem with Bob, fine....stay away from him and his club, but to badmouth like this about a great club, to which I belong, is just cruel! For those who don't know this club, go down to the club and talk to some of these members that have been there for a long time, and get the REAL facts about the club, not this nonsense from a handful of haters! Disgusting.

Any pics of some of the deer you may have taken?

I have been with Pheasant Run for over 10 years! Are you guys kidding??? This is a GREAT CLUB! There are over 85 members that have also been with this club for over 10 years and some members for even 20 years! So many of the cruel comments that are being made on this forum are all FALSE, unwarranted, and just spiteful. To make fun of someone's son, who happens to studder? Are you in grade school? Look, if you have a problem with Bob, fine....stay away from him and his club, but to badmouth like this about a great club, to which I belong, is just cruel! For those who don't know this club, go down to the club and talk to some of these members that have been there for a long time, and get the REAL facts about the club, not this nonsense from a handful of haters! Disgusting.

How many acres are available for 85 guys to hunt?

Any small suburban parcels?

Can the owner cook ???

Another one post wonder? Where are all these people coming out of the woodwork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there coming from Bob, i guess hes desperate... lol

all one post wonders.... funny how according to these guys the MANY members plus the old club member who ran all the internet portion of the club had nothing but bad things to say. the club is not the best, far from it... google search the club, there are other forums with the same BAD things to say. i guess everyone is wrong? dont think so...

No one is bad mouthing the club.all the comments posted are from old members and the experiences they have had in their time as a member or from  people that heard the stories from members.if there are 85 members as it stated above with each member paying between 1200 to 1500 a year in dues. that was the dues rate when i was a member 4 years ago. thats about 100 grand a year that bob gets. now for a club house you cant use because of bobs family staying there or land you cant hunt for various reasons( yea we know the reasons). and a add on craigs list that nothing not BS. LAND IN THE MIDWEST AND CANADA..  Are those members really getting their moneys worth. thats why there are so many of us who were once members but are not anymore. 

OK, I'll jump into this as well.  I've been a member of pheasent run for almost 10 years now and plan to continue.  I haven't bow hunted LI but I've done most other types of hunting.  Can't say I've ever been treated poorly and I think Bob and the members are nice folks that have been good to me.  Sorry if others have had bad experiences. 

Geno -

I don't know who made you the expert about hunting clubs, but it seems you can sling a lot of bull**** around. I have been a member of the club for seven years and never had a issue with the man. Every time I shot a deer (usually two to three a year )he was the first one to help me track and haul it out. If the property is being used for multiple purposes I don't think it is any of my business or yours as long as come Oct. 1 there are no quads running around the grounds

until February 1. As to his son staying there he took up one bedroom and watched the place all the time when Bob wasn't around. Whenever I wanted to stay there stay there always was room and beside who offers you a club and a bed for his asking price !!!

Your reply to me is going to be who is this person that is stating all of this and it is his first post, but in reality this is about my hundreath post but forgot my username so I had to make a new account.

Geno -

I don't know who made you the expert about hunting clubs, but it seems you can sling a lot of bull**** around. I have been a member of the club for seven years and never had a issue with the man. Every time I shot a deer (usually two to three a year )he was the first one to help me track and haul it out. If the property is being used for multiple purposes I don't think it is any of my business or yours as long as come Oct. 1 there are no quads running around the grounds

until February 1. As to his son staying there he took up one bedroom and watched the place all the time when Bob wasn't around. Whenever I wanted to stay there stay there always was room and beside who offers you a club and a bed for his asking price !!!

Your reply to me is going to be who is this person that is stating all of this and it is his first post, but in reality this is about my hundreath post but forgot my username so I had to make a new account.

holy crap, where are all you one post wonders coming from?! lol

i can sling a line of BS? im not anywhere near good as your buddy bob. and bob was the first to drag your deer??? what are you sick? facts are facts Rudy, no BS here... BS is charging someone 1500 to hunt land that doesn't even belong to club , have an array of people come in an  ruin your hunt everyday, guys baiting everywhere, tree stands popping up 15 yards from your. C'mon, there was NO ORDER when i was there and from the members who left there with me who were there for 10 years or so say they put up with it since day one. do me a favor... your buddy bob has an issue with whats said about him and his club tell him to drop me a buzz and man up, otherwise i can give two craps what people say about that place. im a big boy and if he was organized he would know how to get in touch with me since i filled out the paper work and wasted $1500, so he would know how to contact me. otherwise, save it... you boys have issues, are you really telling me he lets you stay at the club house? i call BS, i specifically asked him if i could stay there to save me the 40 min drive there more then once and he told me NO, they dont do that there and when i replied i was told by him i could upon signing up he ran circles around what i said, i never pushed the fact.

let it go and tell your buddy this thread will be here and is NOT going anywhere. he should have made right once upon a time with the many people who lined his pockets and only asked to get in return what we paid for. thats it... i honestly DO NOT care how things are over there nor do i care about that club in general. i liked bob, i did until i saw he was BS'ing me from the start and basically took my money and offered NOTHING what was told to me when i signed the papers. and dont make it sound like its us, i spoke with Bob on the phone after i left and he tried to get me to stay and he offered me to help him run that club they way it should be ran and said i can run it how i see fit, i declined and kept living my life. now i see many 120-130" plus deer a year and dont have anyone ruining my hunts. tell him i said good luck with the club, i hope he does the right thing.

• Like 2

seems like you boys are out on other forums trying to save the club for Bob... best thing to do, LET IT GO. tell him the more he has you guys stick up for the club the worse it will be. that MHO.... i dont even belong to that site but i can see many others have negative things to say about the place. he does NOT have 500 acres in pike county IL, i asked about that when i was a meber. you have to pay the outfitters fees and they are in no way affiliated to the club, same goes for canada. ALL MIS-INFORMATION. its things like this im talking about as well. JUST BE HONEST WITH PEOPLE! his FB page makes it sound like its included in members fees, if that the case id join just to hunt those places... 

http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum/topic/66975-anyone-know-about-pheasant-run-sportsmans-club/page__st__20

Maybe Bob's son is making these posts.   Its amazing all the propaganda from the 1 post supporters.  Geno maybe you can help the person that claims they forgot there info to get back on their original name!!

Edited by grifflvc
  • Like 1

They are trying to clean up their internet image as it must be taking a toll on the money coming in.  I have viewed the craiglist adds and people have been posting responses on there that are very damaging.  Some people get deer at the club but most don't go very often and that is the member they love. Some members get special spots and the rest get screwed. Pictures are taken from anyplace and are mostly of deer shot in other places. As for the small game and bird hunting it is a preserve run by the son and if you don't pay him to guide you, you are on the outs and can forget weekends. It could be a good club if it were about hunting but its about money for Bob and east end living for his family. The defenders of the club come out this time every year as the push for shotgun hunters starts. That's a big money maker for them, only one month a year for a nice fee and a lot of those guys are not as intense as bowhunters and they like guys that are not that into it. The problem is that everyone now does internet searches and the real word is out. This thread has been here a long time and Bob would do anything to get it removed. This is another attempt at that.

Keep up the good work Geno.

• Like 2

So as not to get the wrath of anyone concerned with the fact that I have NO POSTS on this forum, please be advised that this is indeed my first post. Having settled that issue, I'd like to speak about what I've read and what I'm familiar with concerning Pheasant Run Sportsman's Club. First off, if you are a loner, or one who prefers to have his own secret spots, so you can kill " Booners" & " P&Y's" with no intrusion from others, this club is not for you. If you are fortunate enough to have private property to yourself to hunt on LI, feel blessed! If you are one of the many who must endure the nonsense of trying to hunt state land or Suffolk Co land , you understand the pitfalls and frustrations associated with that. Lets just remember for a moment how last years Super Storm ruined prime time hunting for many because State Land was closed for supposed safety reasons So that leaves you to another option which is to join a club. There are several on LI, some more expensive than others. They all have rules and they all have issues . They all have folks you won't like and folks you'll make friends with. PRSC has been around for a long time. I have been involved with them for the better part of 15 years. I occasionally bird hunt. I Have never taken advantage of the awesome duck hinting opportunities. And I Strictly Bow Hunt. My experiences have been very good, and I've met a lot of great guys and gals along the way. Bob has been very good to me over the years, and I've always tried to be an ambassador for the club by helping out at shows and events and trying to build on our membership . Its not easy....but I try to promote the club wherever and whenever I can. Reading through some of these threads makes me mad. But in all honesty, I understand a lot of what has been said, and yes, some of it is true. It is not a perfect club! There have been problems and issues with property owners over the years. And yes Bob, can be his own worst enemy at times, because he wants so bad for people to have good experiences and success, that he looses sight of the details and issues that need to be addressed . But at the end of the day, he is a good hearted man who loves hunting, and likes to gather us together and share good times and great stories of the hunt. Do we drink after we hunt.....hell yea ..we celebrate camaraderie and success, and friendship! Tell me what upstate deer camp doesn't do that, and then some! No one ever over indulges, unless of course, they are sleeping on the premises. And yes, we are able to do that!!! Bob is entitled to make as much money as he possibly can, this is America after all .. But honestly, 1300.00 per year is a very fair price for what we get. Our properties are great. Mushroom pickers and ATV riders are all over LI lands and honestly, they do not interfere with most of our hunting opportunities. We all work around them...lol.... Having said all of this, please believe me when I say that we are NOT a perfect club. We have had issues in our past but we ARE trying to make things better by stabilizing our properties , and improving management policies both for members and for the game we love to hunt. And as for Bob, well, he's Bob.....you learn in life that not everyone is what they perceive themselves as.... I laugh with him, and I laugh at him, as do most of our members, but we understand where his

heart is at at all times. And for this member I will always be grateful for having him around to enjoy my passion for deer hunting and great times! You are all entitled to offer opposing opinions on the club and its myriad of past issues. However, your opinions should revolve around CLUB issues, not the owners family members and what he does with his money. I'm sure each and every member on this forum has a family member with some sort if disability. It's an unfortunate part of life. I'm glad that Bob decided to support his son and help him out rather than cast him away like so many other parents seem to do with such ease these days......happy hunting everyone and Happy Thanksgiving. We ALL have plenty to be thankful for ....

Can we get a HNY Moderator to just start deleting the one post wonders on this thread?  As fun/funny as it is to read they are obviously the same person trying to make the club sound like the holy grail of deer hunting which it obviously is not! There is nooooo way it is just a coincidence that all of these people's very first and only posts just happen to be on this thread and ALL of them say it is an amazing place....

I've seen this same debate raging on a LI gun forum.  Here's a thought-If it's a great club and you compete in the woods for good spots and privacy, would you rally other people to join.  Seems like it would only add to competition and frustration on an overcrowed tract of land.  I hunt a bird club on LI and I am the only one on my field, no mushroom pickers, hikers, atv's at all.  There is deer hunting there as well, but that is another type of membership that others have enjoyed.

They are trying to clean up their internet image as it must be taking a toll on the money coming in.  I have viewed the craiglist adds and people have been posting responses on there that are very damaging.  Some people get deer at the club but most don't go very often and that is the member they love. Some members get special spots and the rest get screwed. Pictures are taken from anyplace and are mostly of deer shot in other places. As for the small game and bird hunting it is a preserve run by the son and if you don't pay him to guide you, you are on the outs and can forget weekends. It could be a good club if it were about hunting but its about money for Bob and east end living for his family. The defenders of the club come out this time every year as the push for shotgun hunters starts. That's a big money maker for them, only one month a year for a nice fee and a lot of those guys are not as intense as bowhunters and they like guys that are not that into it. The problem is that everyone now does internet searches and the real word is out. This thread has been here a long time and Bob would do anything to get it removed. This is another attempt at that.

Keep up the good work Geno.

perfectly said!

hey im glad you popped on, i haven't seen you on in a bit. yeah it seems to be a trend, same time, same place on here. I ididnt like how a select few would have grabs at hunting exclusive spots that others couldn't and when they took a deer it was spread around the club like wild fire and pawned off as a harvest right behind the club house. when that happened it was guys in full force everywhere hunting back there. its sad that for year before i was there and when i was there it was all about the $$ and not about the members and game.

Can we get a HNY Moderator to just start deleting the one post wonders on this thread?  As fun/funny as it is to read they are obviously the same person trying to make the club sound like the holy grail of deer hunting which it obviously is not! There is nooooo way it is just a coincidence that all of these people's very first and only posts just happen to be on this thread and ALL of them say it is an amazing place....

no i wont delete them, they are entitled to share posts here so ill let them do so even knowing the intent behind them... lol its not coincidence...

• Like 1

I've seen this same debate raging on a LI gun forum.  Here's a thought-If it's a great club and you compete in the woods for good spots and privacy, would you rally other people to join.  Seems like it would only add to competition and frustration on an overcrowed tract of land.  I hunt a bird club on LI and I am the only one on my field, no mushroom pickers, hikers, atv's at all.  There is deer hunting there as well, but that is another type of membership that others have enjoyed.

i know if my club had many many members hunting that i would not personally be trying to get others to join and fight for the very spots i hunt, especially if i was just a member and not the owner/operator. For a member to push for other to join ONLY tells me they are promised some sort of kick back! otherwise why would bow hunters be trying to recruit new members to hunt the very land they do and take more spots away and also more margin to ruin that members hunts by having even more hunters in that woods??? from a bow hunters stand point it seems very strange. i like hunting woods with LESS people NOT MORE. this was the problem i endured while at the club, members all over riding their own ATVs to and from their stands, members setting stands up days after you do and right next to you... why would all these members push to have more people join? unless being promised money off for next year or a shot at those exclusive spots? hmmm....although PR may be trying to do things better i can still see the real reason behind that place....$$$$$$$....sad.

Geno, not to be rude my friend, but if you read my post, I clearly state that the club has had its issues in the past. Hopefully with good people , we can make a difference and make it better. NO....it's not the holy grail of deer hunting...I never said it was..... I appreciate your forthrightness given the problems and experiences you and others may have had in the past , but to suggest that' the moderators remove our one post wonder posts is childish, just like some of your comments. I stand alone in my posts, no one speaks for me and no one tells me what to say. And if you'd like to meet me personally and have a cup of coffee over an adult discussion of our club and its past and some present issues , I'd be more than happy to oblige......AFTER the bow season ends tho...lol. Off to kill a Monster! Lol. And I will post some pics just for you. And for the last time, I'm not anyone's son but my dads.....the one who first took me out to hunt... I miss him dearly....

Geno, not to be rude my friend, but if you read my post, I clearly state that the club has had its issues in the past. Hopefully with good people , we can make a difference and make it better. NO....it's not the holy grail of deer hunting...I never said it was..... I appreciate your forthrightness given the problems and experiences you and others may have had in the past , but to suggest that' the moderators remove our one post wonder posts is childish, just like some of your comments. I stand alone in my posts, no one speaks for me and no one tells me what to say. And if you'd like to meet me personally and have a cup of coffee over an adult discussion of our club and its past and some present issues , I'd be more than happy to oblige......AFTER the bow season ends tho...lol. Off to kill a Monster! Lol. And I will post some pics just for you. And for the last time, I'm not anyone's son but my dads.....the one who first took me out to hunt... I miss him dearly....

i wasnt exactly talking about you, i liked the way you summed it up hence why i did not quote you.

my gripe was all of you pushing for members... i understand fully about with good people you can make a difference and i get it. only problem is, is you are only as strong as your weakest link and i am not going to say who or what that is. Money is the ultimate downfall and with that brings every tom, dick and harry to the club willing to throw cash at PR so having said that you wont get "good" people to always join. Unless you weed them out but that would be discriminating. ive met many hunters in my time, some are generally very nice to speak with, some are cocky and some are a disgrace to the sport. ill admit, PR does have a mix of members and the ones that i met and associated with were very nice guys, i met a few that were well i wont even get into that. my point is you know what will make that club better and it starts up top NOT down low with new members. 

i am a MOD and i stated i would NEVER delete any of your posts or other PR members. i believe your entitled to them and unless breaking forum rules they will remain. good luck shooting a big one and make sure when you post it it is indeed from PR lol and behind the clubhouse...