HAS ANYONE JOINED OR RE JOINED PHEASANT RUN THIS YEAR ?

Hi Geno,  I could not let this go by without a comment, I have been lurking around but have not posted much. I have not hunted NY at all this year and last except for a couple of days duck hunting last year so I don't have much to talk about. I have been hunting birds out in Montana and I am going to Missouri next week for quail.

On a forum I moderate, when I get a bunch of new folks piling in on a thread (all at once) that sheds a less than positive light on any given business, more often than not they all have matching IP addresses.

Not trying to suggest what is going on here one way or the other, but it might be worth it for the forum admin to check on.

If the new members are legit and came here to participate in the forum.. then hey, welcome to you.

• Like 1

On a forum I moderate, when I get a bunch of new folks piling in on a thread (all at once) that sheds a less than positive light on any given business, more often than not they all have matching IP addresses.

Not trying to suggest what is going on here one way or the other, but it might be worth it for the forum admin to check on.

If the new members are legit and came here to participate in the forum.. then hey, welcome to you.

we see all lol

did that yesterday... all different

Hi Geno,  I could not let this go by without a comment, I have been lurking around but have not posted much. I have not hunted NY at all this year and last except for a couple of days duck hunting last year so I don't have much to talk about. I have been hunting birds out in Montana and I am going to Missouri next week for quail.

going to send you a PM in a bit.. im jealous lol... 

thats awesome! Montana and Missouri, thats great!

I'm really amused by all of you ...you seem to be more concerned with how many posts people have had on this forum, or what IP addresses are associated with our posts, or why we club members even want more members....... Honestly, .....who asked anyone to join our club.....? I didn't.....I'm not asking for more members...I'm just trying to defend what we have, and explain my point of view, much like Geno and the rest of you have done , only in reverse....we are all entitled , and thank goodness we have a moderator on a great forum, who gets it.... Our club is OUR club....and yes, money drives the club..it gets food plots planted, leases paid, beer soda and wine in the fridge, and good food In the clubhouse for when the hunts are over ( yes crab sauce too). No...I really don't want more members .....so don't give it anymore of your concern. You are all entitled to say what you please... All I ask is that you keep the disparaging remarks about Bob and his family out of it. Again...happy thanksgiving to all and safe hunting!

I'm really amused by all of you ...you seem to be more concerned with how many posts people have had on this forum, or what IP addresses are associated with our posts, or why we club members even want more members....... Honestly, .....who asked anyone to join our club.....? I didn't.....I'm not asking for more members...I'm just trying to defend what we have, and explain my point of view, much like Geno and the rest of you have done , only in reverse....we are all entitled , and thank goodness we have a moderator on a great forum, who gets it.... Our club is OUR club....and yes, money drives the club..it gets food plots planted, leases paid, beer soda and wine in the fridge, and good food In the clubhouse for when the hunts are over ( yes crab sauce too). No...I really don't want more members .....so don't give it anymore of your concern. You are all entitled to say what you please... All I ask is that you keep the disparaging remarks about Bob and his family out of it. Again...happy thanksgiving to all and safe hunting!

I'm guessing your new to the internet and forums in general. Of course people are going to be weary of people with no posts that all signed up at the same time and posted the same "reviews" across multiple sites.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You're guess is spot on as it relates to forums.....I enjoy reading the forums , but have rarely participated in posting information. I think what happened here was that one of our members saw a few old posts that were more personal in nature , attacking the club's president , his family , and his financial motives, and it pissed us all off .....so everyone decided to express themselves. I guess it did look a little fishy at first, but trust me, we are all different folks. And yes, we all enjoy our club. Shortcomings an all! I'd like to see this thread's spirit shift from what it has been, to a more positive one, including constructive criticism of how we can improve our club, and make it more attractive for those who like to be part of a club. Those who , dare i say it, like sharing their spots and stories of the hunt, and are NOT concerned bout who may get the BIG ONE, or who is in their stand when they're not out hunting club property. Bow hunting by nature, is a very solitary event. And there are plenty of guys out there, and you all know who you are, that sneak on property the don't have permission to be on, hunt in towns, neighborhoods , and places where hunting is illegal, etc, who just like to be alone. I guess thats fine for them...and then when thy shoot that big monster of a 7 or 8 year old buck, they proudly share their pics and story of how and where they got it, but most often it's BS. Harvesting a big buck from a friend or family members back yard in St James or Lloyd Harbor is NOT hunting...., most if not all of us at PR love to hunt, but also enjoy the friendship and camaraderie that is deer hunting.

I will agree with you on this Moonman, you haven't lived until you have tried Bob's crab sauce, the best in LI for my money.  Have a great Thanksgiving and good luck!!

What does $1500 crab sauce taste like?

This crab sauce may need its own thread, what category would it go under? In all seriousness whatever bad experiences any of us have had with the club don't diminish the fact Bob makes the best crab sauce in LI, if not all of New York State.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a good story going on, You heard the good points and the bad points of a club. As it has been said for a long time you can make some of the people happy most of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

I am not taking any sides here but I can tell you, Yes there were or are trail bike riders and mushroom pickers going on the property. I have see Bob and other members do everything they can do to try and stop it. Where I lived at that time it was an hours drive to get there and I have slept there over night up stairs in the pine framed beds and hunting design.bed wear a few times.I even hit a buck there with my bow ( bad shot ) and most of the members there spent a few hours tracking it ( time away from them hunting ) and they found it And helped bring it back to the club house.The meals Bob made were great and the frig. always has something to drink in it.The bar is well stocked and the large scree TV is nice.And the members always had a good story to tell. Hang in there Bob.

I now live 6 hours away and have my own property to hunt.

This was a good story going on, You heard the good points and the bad points of a club. As it has been said for a long time you can make some of the people happy most of the time but not all of the people all of the time.

I am not taking any sides here but I can tell you, Yes there were or are trail bike riders and mushroom pickers going on the property. I have see Bob and other members do everything they can do to try and stop it. Where I lived at that time it was an hours drive to get there and I have slept there over night up stairs in the pine framed beds and hunting design.bed wear a few times.I even hit a buck there with my bow ( bad shot ) and most of the members there spent a few hours tracking it ( time away from them hunting ) and they found it And helped bring it back to the club house.The meals Bob made were great and the frig. always has something to drink in it.The bar is well stocked and the large scree TV is nice.And the members always had a good story to tell. Hang in there Bob.

I now live 6 hours away and have my own property to hunt.

"The meals Bob made were great and the frig"

After all the posts this fall on how the club has been better I am seriously thinking of rejoining.  Please PM me if 1-Bob is still making the crab sauce 2-If they have again opened the books to new members

Thanks!