New family member

Adkhunter1590

Picked up a new family member today. I’ve been wanting a English chocolate lab for a long time now and my wife keeps bringing it up about getting one. So she came across some labs online yesterday and we went and picked one up today. My sister had a English chocolate lab that was the best dog ever, hoping this little guy can be close to as good as her dog was. I’ve always liked the English labs temperament and their big blocky features. So far he’s the calmest puppy I’ve ever had, hoping he stays this way haha

cdd749b16ccb6bf63cca13c215e6b82b.jpg

e8c26fff378328942f6526ed84722b3e.jpg

• Like 21

Thanks all! His first night went really good. Only a single whimper from him while in his crate. Still extremely calm and relaxed. He’s perfectly content laying on a towel on the living room floor nibbling on some toys.

We named him Titan. He’s a big boy and if he’s anything like his father he will be close to around 100 pounds and built like a brick sh*t house. We thought Titan was a fitting name for him.

I’m considering investing some money into training for him. Does anyone here have any experience sending dogs off to a trainer? I mostly want him to get the basics down and started on field retrievals. I can hone his field skills but thought about trying out the whole trainer thing to get him started. I’ve always trained my own dogs so I’m not sure where I would send him or how much I should expect to spend.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Adkhunter1590 said:

ve always trained my own dogs so I’m not sure where I would send him or how much I should expect to spend.

Salmonrun knows a thing or three about labs and training. Drop him a pm and I bet he’d be happy to share some info. 

As to what to expect to spend, that depends on what you want to do. It’s adds up quick. 

Congrats on the new pup! 

• Like 1