Ok so who hasn’t received their lifetime license and tags

rob-c

4 hours ago, Rattler said:

Got my license and tags in today's mail.  The letter inserted with it was barely readable, like a copy made in a machine that was very low on toner.  Maybe the DEC ran out of toner and that's what is causing the hold up.

:rolleyes:

mine looked like that last week also, i threw it in the garbage anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

OK. It's August 28 and I still don't have my lifetime license tags. Neighbors all have theirs. Looks like I'm at the end of the line again this year.

Holy cow, I would be calling d.e.c if it were me. This is super late.. 

One year I had mine arrive during first week of Sept.  I called DEC towards the end of August and they told me I can use last years in the mean time until the new one arrives since the Eco officers know they're running late that year.  I never put it to the test.  I did go out Sept 1st for the squirrel opener but was never approached by an officer.

Have not received my lifetime hunting/fishing tags as of today. I just read on the NY DEC website that if the mailing (tags) does not arrive by Sept. 1 :   then between Sept.1 and November 1 tags can be issued free of charge at any issuing agent. After Nov. 1  the standard replacement fee applies.  I hope mine show up soon but if not I will get them at an agent. I did log on to the Decals site a few weeks ago to confirm I had new tags and applied for DMPs which I received already in the mail.

Grabbed my 4y and 3s Thursday from local clerk. I told her about the 1/2 printed backtag and she reprinted for me no charge....she also threw in the free saltwater fishing tag which I barely knew existed-may hit the snappers in the sound this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Still hadn't received tags (but I received DMPs). I called DEC and they said to go into town clerk to get them reprinted free of charge. Went into town clerk. First visit she told me system was down and to come back later. Came back later and she told me that I should get them in the mail. I told her I know, but this year's hasn't come. She said that they hadn't mailed them yet. I told her she was wrong and explained what the DEC said.

She told me she was going to charge me for the reprint. I told her no, there is no charge. She called the DEC and they told her there is no charge since I never received my tags. She finally printed them out and gave them to me no charge, including reprints of the doe tags that I had already received in the mail.

Our tax dollars at work.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 5:04 PM, tarheel95 said:

Still hadn't received tags (but I received DMPs). I called DEC and they said to go into town clerk to get them reprinted free of charge. Went into town clerk. First visit she told me system was down and to come back later. Came back later and she told me that I should get them in the mail. I told her I know, but this year's hasn't come. She said that they hadn't mailed them yet. I told her she was wrong and explained what the DEC said.

She told me she was going to charge me for the reprint. I told her no, there is no charge. She called the DEC and they told her there is no charge since I never received my tags. She finally printed them out and gave them to me no charge, including reprints of the doe tags that I had already received in the mail.

Our tax dollars at work.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

I still haven't gotten mine yet either.  Called DEC on Monday and finally got a message from them today.  They said that it must have been lost in the mail and to go to a Dick's or another license issuing location and have them reprinted for free.  I call BS....I think that that is what they are telling everyone that hasn't received them yet instead of admitting their incompetence.

Gave up on waiting on the DEC to mail me my Lifetime license tags on 9/4 and went to visit my Town Clerk. She tried to figure out how to replace the tags on her computer. That went fine until the computer decided that I was supposed to pay $15 for the tags. Clerk knew I didn't have to pay, but didn't know how to reflect that in the computer. Fortunately  she found a memo on her assistants desk (from DEC) that basically told her to give me the tags and ignore collecting the fees. After printing out the tags she had to call Albany to report the transaction and non collection of fees.

Because DEC doesn't have their act together, I had to make a special trip and a good 20 minutes of the clerk's time was spent doing DEC's  job for them. Thank you Albany!

• Like 4

So still no tags and back tag in the mail yet. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods today to get my "free" tags and the clerk and manager couldn't do any printing without charging me $15 for replacements. I said no way am I paying they are free. The manager said he had no way of completing the transaction without charging me. Now I will have to drive 30 minutes one way to the DEC region office. New York State of incompetence.