Ok so who hasn’t received their lifetime license and tags

rob-c

So I finally have my backtag and other tags. I emailed my local DEC office yesterday explaining what happened and today I received a nice email back apologizing and giving me some information for the licensing agent. I printed the email and returned to the store with it. Not sure that they agreed with it but I got my tags without any additional cost.Basically the agent didn't know how to give the tags without them having to pay the state. They have to call the revenue office to avoid the charge I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

As per the DEC licensing office in Albany when I called there last Tuesday 9/11 after I still had not received mine - “There were 4300 out of 135000 lifetime license holders that due to a glitch in the system did not get their lifetime licenses sent to them.  We (the DEC) figured that out last Monday (9/10) and knew exactly who did not receive them.  If you have not received them as of Saturday 9/15 you can stop by any license issuing outlet and they will print them for you for free .”  I received min on Saturday 9/15.  If you don’t have them by now the 18th go to a license issuing outlet and they will print them for you at no charge.  If they give you a hard time. Tell them to call Albany. 

• Like 1