Implements you’ve killed deer with ?

turkeyfeathers

32 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Much shorter hunting career than most of you so this is simple: 2 deer with 2 shots from a .308.  Hoping to add an xbow kill to this list in a few months.

You're batting a thousand, Dubby….Might want to quit while you're ahead..Tough to beat perfection...

Reminds me of a contest that I once entered for who could date the ugliest girl...

My girl was so ugly she had marks on her from where people had been poking her with a ten foot stick...

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

You're batting a thousand, Dubby….Might want to quit while you're ahead..Tough to beat perfection...

Reminds me of a contest that I once entered for who could date the ugliest girl...

My girl was so ugly she had marks on her from where people had been poking her with a ten foot stick...

But, WINNING! :rofl:

Technically, I'm batting .500 with one xbow miss on a doe because I failed to recognize an equipment breakdown and a second xbow choke on 2 does that waltzed through my killzone because I wasn't ready to take a shot.  Won't make those mistakes again!  I have way more to learn before I could ever dream of quitting. ;)

16 ga shotgun, (3) different 12 gauge shotguns, 30/06, 50 Cal ML, (2) different compound bows, crossbow, dull Buck 110 knife, and a sharp Buck key-chain knife (1-1/4" blade length).   The small, sharp knife worked a lot better for slitting the throat than the big dull one.  These days I always carry a pocketknife with the second blade ground down to  about 1" long and always kept razor sharp.  Most of my kills have been with the shotguns (I live in a shotgun/ML only zone), but there were a few years when I was able to take at least one deer with shotgun, bow (or crossbow), rifle and ML.   The rifle kills have increased since the in-laws moved up to the northern zone a few years ago, gaining me access to a sweet spot up there.  I have to drive thru a town that does not allow hunting and is infested with deer to get to and from work every weekday, so it takes some very careful defensive driving for me to avoid killing any with a vehicle myself.  The two that I dispatched with knifes had been struck by hit-and-run motorists.        

Edited by wolc123