Almost New truck-HONDA

airedale

Well after 14 years of aggravation of owning a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 I decided it was time to get a replacement. I have been studing and looking over what has been available for several years and finally made up my mind that I was going with the Honda Ridgeline. Was bummed out when they stopped producing them in 2014 and happy when they did a bit of a redesign in 2017 and brought them back. It is the only truck with a unibody and many traditionalists in the truck world scoff at it but for me it will do everything I need a truck to do. And after dealing with that Dodge for so long this Honda makes me feel like I have died and gone to Heaven. 

Below are pics the dealer took, she is a slightly used  2017 with 10000 miles, took delivery last Friday.

Al

2018-08-06_203907.png

2018-08-06_204006.png

315f31288b2c80e7545979fa958bca4c.jpg

d8fe23c61d8e65db04219840afeba1fa.jpg

Edited by airedale
  • Like 13

This Honda is the tenth pickup truck I have owned in my lifetime. I have had a cross section of most truck styles and makes through the years from little ones to pretty big ones and coming away with personal preferences for my actual needs. 

I do like four or all wheel drive for winter driving and for some back-gravel road use getting to hunting and fishing spots. I do not plan on driving the Baja 1000 or doing any rock climbing or monster truck rallies. No big camper or heavy boat to tow, just a dump-equipment trailer that is never loaded near the 5000 lb limit the Honda has for towing. The Ridgeline's 1600 lb weight capacity is good enough for the occasional trip to the feed and home stores.

The Honda is really a combination of my four favorite pickups, A Toyota Hilux, An extended cab Chevy S10, A Ford Ranchero and a Jeep J10 with quadra trac full time 4wd.

Loved the little Toyota and S10  trucks for driving, handling and maneuverability, 99% of the time they could carry anything I needed them to haul. The Ranchero was like driving a luxury car because it was car based, but was not good off road and could only haul 800 lbs, some air shocks upped the weight some and it earned it's keep. The Jeep was my favorite full size, it drove really nice and could go just about anywhere and I liked the Quadra trac full time four wheel drive.